How to make a module transparent?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
orangesensei
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to make a module transparent?

Post by orangesensei » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi there and thank you for your help in advance. I need to make a module transparent so that the background image can be seen. (http://nugcm.joelandrosa.com/). Can you help me with these?

a76erfan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: How to make a module transparent?

Post by a76erfan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Look for

.inner {
border-left:1px solid #1D2F46;
border-right:1px solid #1D2F46;
border-top:1px solid #1D2F46;
}

Find the above class in colorstyle7.css (line 25). I took the background out. You can copy the code I have and replace what you have as the class .inner now or simply remove any reference to background code.

#bg-panel2 {
}

Find the above div in colorstyle7.css (line 12). I took the background code out, you can copy this and replace the current code or simply remove any background coding when you find it.

As a side note though, save a backup of your CSS before you alter, in case you don't like it. It's a bit tough to read the font with the logo showing through. You may opt to replace the backgrounds I've taken out with something more transparent so the logo shows through, but the text is easier to read.

leo_asheesh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to make a module transparent?

Post by leo_asheesh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:30 am

Hey i want to do the same stuff for Infuse template, i tried to change the parameters in user1.css and template.css files, however i am not sure how to go about it

Can you please provide some guidlines about that?

Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”