Joomla 1.5.24 taking too much time to connect.

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
aeroomkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 1.5.24 taking too much time to connect.

Post by aeroomkar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 am

Hi, I am using a shared hosting on Dreamhost. My website is thedesignhome.com. It was working alright until few days ago, but now it is taking too much time to connect to the server. Every actions on the website like clicking on an article or menu etc. also takes around 5-6 seconds to respond. After initial lag the website loads quickly, but for every action there is a lag of 5-6 seconds. I tried with a fresh joomla installation (aimsdoctors.in/joomla), it works perfectly.

I have not installed any components recently. The debug mode shows 33 queries to the database, which I think is OK. I have optimized the database tables but no use.

Components used in the website:
mod_aidanews (two instances)
mod_blog_calendar
mod_itpsubscribe
mavik thumbnails
JComments

Please help me find a solution.
(fyi, I am browsing from India)

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Joomla 1.5.24 taking too much time to connect.

Post by beededea » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Make a copy of the site, install it on a dedicated Joomla/CMS host, see if the problem still exists, if not then it is the host. If it it still exists then disable all the extensions/modules and plugins you installed, see how it runs. Then enable each in turn and test. This will pinpoint the issue if it is extension related.
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 1.5”