1.7.2 upgrade to 1.7.3 problem

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Mariois1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

1.7.2 upgrade to 1.7.3 problem

Post by Mariois1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I have two new sites that both had 1.7.2 and on both of these I used multilanguage and they both worked fine before the upgrade to 1.7.3. One of the sites still works perfectly after the upgrade. (upgrade was done by uploading all files via ftp)
One of the sites however only works in greek which is the second language. when selecting english I get this:

<li class="" dir="<br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare class en_GBLocalise in <b>/nfs/c01/h09/mnt/14966/domains/nautilossar.org/html/language/el-GR/el-GR.localise.php</b> on line <b>14</b><br />

I have managed to get the site working again by disabling the language module. I also installed a new language module thinking perhaps the only one got corrupted during the upgrade but i get the same error message as soon as I select english. once the language module is disabled the english site works just fine and well obviously the greek does not work as there is no option to select it.

Please help

Mariois1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 1.7.2 upgrade to 1.7.3 problem

Post by Mariois1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 pm

fixed the problem seems that somehow the en_GRLocalise was renamed to en_GBLocalise so replaced the B with a R and it works

Beherit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Beherit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 pm

You are a life saver! I had the same problem, for a multilingual site using greek, and your answer was the solution I was looking for. Unfortunately my server did not output the error so I was left looking in the dark.

Just a minor detail though, you should rename to el_GRLocalise

sintos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sintos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:20 am

Guys i need some help !!!
Can you please be more specific of how to fix this issue ?????
I have the same problem as well !!!

Mariois1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mariois1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:30 am

hi sintos,

you will need to access the files on your server, go to the Joomla installation and go to language, then select the el-GR directory (if greek is the language you have as a second language) open the file el-GR.localise.php. on line 14 you will find class en_GBLocalise you need to change this to el-GRLocalise and then save the file again.

This will fix the problem.

Good luck

alexzgr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by alexzgr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanx for that.

juanantoniolleo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by juanantoniolleo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello everyone,
First of all, many thanks for your help. Today I'm very happy, after some obscure days with this problem. Finally I get to fix the problem, but with a little difference from the example, that I want to share with this Forum:

I'm developing a web site into two languages, on Spanish, as the main one, and on English, as the second one. When I try to update Joomla, from version 1.5 to 1.7.3 I had the same problem of above, I get exactly this message:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare class en_GBLocalise in <b>/my_joomla_site/language/es-ES/es-ES.localise.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />

I try to solve it just modifying the 15 line of my file: es-ES.localise.php in that way, as you propose in the answer, just changing the name of the class:
on line 15 you will find class en_GBLocalise you need to change this to es-ESLocalise and then save the file again.

But when I do it on that way, I get an error of this kind:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '{' in /my_joomla_site/language/es-ES/es-ES.localise.php on line 15

So, what I do is to try to change the "-" character by an "_" character, into the class definition:
abstract class es-ESLocalise
Changed to:
abstract class es_ESLocalise

And everything works fine, I can change perfectly between the two languages!

I hope that it could help anybody, and Thanks again!

Juan A. lleó

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”