Cloudbase 2 - change background color

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
krcroteau
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Cloudbase 2 - change background color

Post by krcroteau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am

New to Joomla, still can't figure out how to change the background color. I want my entire site to have ONE background color and potentially a small border. Not sure what they are called. There is the background, site, and module. Site would be exactly the same as Imagemax.biz.

krcdemandplanning.com

I also want to remove the formatting of the menu bar, change the font color, and my side menu is a grid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by krcroteau on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Cloudbase 2 - change background color

Post by imanickam » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 am

Generally, in these situations you could use the tool FireBug to inspect elements and view the css entries.

The tool FireBug that is available in browsers such as FireFox and Chrome could be used for this purpose. With FireBug you can inspect an element in a web page and find out its css entries and in which file the entries are located. You could even change the css entries to see how it affects the look and feel of your site. Once you are satisfied you could incorporate the changes in the actual file.

Review the file http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_F ... la_Website for more information about how to use FireBug.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

tatoxxi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Cloudbase 2 - change background color

Post by tatoxxi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 am

Thanks imanickam for your answer. It is really helpful, I've spent hours and hours trying to find where the appropriate code is in css. Now I can easily find the line and preview the changes. Again thanks a lot

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”