Extended Menu

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
Bullfn33
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Extended Menu

Post by Bullfn33 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 am

lcdweb wrote:When using Extended Menu to dynamically list articles in a category, there can be quite a long delay between when you publish a new article, and it shows up in the list -- even when the cache is turned off for that instance of the module. Anyone know why this happens or if it can be controlled?
I've had this problem for some time now. Does anyone know a fix for this delay problem? It seems to be a problem with the publishing date. If I back up the date several hours, the article items appear on extended menu but recently published items don't show up. I have a site where it is critical to show them as soon as they are published so this driving me nuts.

rny
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:59 am

Hi,

First off all, great work! The extended menu is really excellent.

I have a question however. I have several menu's on my website. Some link to the same content. I use the alias type for these menu items.

However, the active menu item doesn't work with alias. How can I achieve it so the alias links are also marked as active item.

I'm using Joomla 1.7.

Thanks in advance!

BlackRiver
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BlackRiver » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 am

Having a little problem with Extended Menu.I place it in left module position and it works fine except it doesn't position itself correctly. The first menu item stars from the middle of the page, and it should start just under the Header.
Funny thing, when I add "?tp=1" to my URL it displays everything correctly.

any ideas?

emouawad
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by emouawad » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Daniel,
I'm using ExMenu on this site http://elizabethmo.info/
Whenever I click on a subMenu, these items replace the main menu items on the navigation bar- how can I prevent this, keeping the main menu items on the navigation bar always
Thanks,
Elizabeth

emouawad
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Extended Menu- ISSUE RESOLVED

Post by emouawad » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:43 pm

The issue was solved by using "alias" for menu type.
Easy and simple.

Evangeline93
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Evangeline93 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 am

Hello!

I am trying to build a website with Joomla! 1.7 that has a split menu and I am having a difficult time with the Extended Menu. I built the template myself, so maybe it doesn't have what the Extended Menu needs to work, but when I try to apply it, my site disappears and I get this message: Fatal error: Call to a member function getTemplate() on a non-object in /home/content/78/8129478/html/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/util/sitehelper.class.php on line 30

I am very concerned about this, because I can't find anything out there that works for my website and I have to have it done within two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the link to the site: http://demo.katrinawreede.com

I have unplublished the Extended Menu so the site can be up.

Thank you!

Jennifer
~~~~ 'A 'a i ka hula; waiho i ka hilahila i ka hale ~~~~
Dare to dance; leave embarrassment at home

emphyrio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by emphyrio » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:33 pm

First off, thanks for the great module. It's been excellent. But a small issue arose.

I'm using the CSS tree menu layout / template. Problem is some seemingly random behaviour where the menu does not collapse previously visited items. Maybe an example, this could be my main menu:
  • Food
    Drinks
    Billing
Then I expand and select a sub-menu-item:
  • Food
    • Bread (=active)
      Hot meals
    Drinks
    Billing
Then I select a drink, Lemon Juice, the menu shows like this:
  • Food
    • Bread (no longer active)
      Hot Meals
    Drinks
    • Lemon juice (=active)
      Tonic
    Billing
Problem = it doesn't collapse the Food section of the menu when a Drink is selected. Well, sometimes it does, but seemingly random (to me) it doesn't. I tried changing some menu aliases (there were some that were exactly the same) and tried to disable SEF-urls, but that didn't help.

Can you give me a hint where to look?

Using Extended Menu 1.0.6.

emphyrio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by emphyrio » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

This topic seems pretty quiet :(

I found my answer, there were still some menu aliases with the same name. Fixed that and it works a lot better now!

Evangeline93
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Evangeline93 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

I know what you mean, emphyrio. I ended up figuring out how to do a split menu without the extension. Haha, all I needed were two modules set to hold different levels of the main menu. The two modules could be in different positions, so that is what fixed that.

Good luck with your project!

Jennifer :geek:
~~~~ 'A 'a i ka hula; waiho i ka hilahila i ka hale ~~~~
Dare to dance; leave embarrassment at home

Kaavya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Kaavya » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 am

Hello,
I have just downloaded the extende menu , and I am a new user so please tell me how i will install it in joomla. I tried to add it from Module Manager, but it doesnt work.

Thanks.

emphyrio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by emphyrio » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 am

http://docs.joomla.org/Installing_an_extension

That's how you install any extension. If you need more help, you should be a little more specific in describing your problem.

mchmaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mchmaster » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Now that K2 has released their Joomla 1.7 compliant component, do you think it would be possible to incorporate K2 categories and content items into this already amazing module?

That would be wonderful.

nonumber
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by nonumber » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 am

Extended Menu has problems with php 5.3.
Getting a lot of Errors like:

Code: Select all

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated...
NoNumber.nl - Extensions for Joomla!
Advanced Module Manager, Articles Anywhere, Better Preview, CDN for Joomla!, Cache Cleaner, Components Anywhere, DB Replacer, Modals, Modules Anywhere, ReReplacer, Sliders, Sourcerer, Tabs, Tooltips, What? Nothing!

deonholt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by deonholt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi,
1.7.3 and I have just downloaded and installed EM for 1.7

The moment I publish EM, my site is completely empty. Why is that?

Also, where do I go to configure it?

Deon

Freewheeling
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Extended Menu not compatible with php 5.3

Post by Freewheeling » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 pm

"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menu.menuloader.class.php on line 335"

All of the mentioned errors in "Extended menu" ( mod_exmenu-j15 ) when using PHP 5.3 can be fixed by removing the question marks "?" in the listed files - exept the above quoted error-message in "menu.menuloader.class.php". When removing the ? in this php-file the whole menu disapears.

Therefore it is easier to just disabled PHP error reporting and the problem is solved. It is because it is only notifications that a function is no longer in use, not real errors.

To disabled PHP error reporting in a standart joomla configuration.php open the configuration.php file with FTP and change line 16 ( in this Joomla 1.5 example ) from original -1 to 7

<?php
class JConfig {
var $offline = '0';
var $editor = 'jce';
var $list_limit = '20';
var $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org';
var $debug = '0';
var $debug_lang = '0';
var $sef = '0';
var $sef_rewrite = '0';
var $sef_suffix = '0';
var $feed_limit = '10';
var $feed_email = 'author';
var $secret = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
var $gzip = '0';
var $error_reporting = '7';

jessuca09
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jessuca09 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 am

you got the point, I am looking for an accessible multi level menu for people with disabilities like me
Thank you for your answer.

melaniebund
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by melaniebund » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi
is there any way of centering the menu? have tried amongst other things
"text-align:center;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-right: 10%;"
but nothing seems to work
thanks
melanie

sterry77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sterry77 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:21 am

So, I am working with Joomla 2.x. I have created a menu item with the type being text separator in the main menu. I have chosen to display an image as the separator and said no to showing the title next to the image. When I view this live in the extended menu module, it shows the word "Separator" and not the image for the separator. When I view this live using the standard menu module, it show the image and not the word. Is this a bug?

tmas73
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmas73 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi there I was wondering how can I create a 3 stage image menu? I looked through the Extended Menu and I can t figure out how I would go about it.

I have a 3 stage png (Transparent) sprite menu icon for each menu title, on roll over it should switch to image 2 and on active it should switch to image 3. Also a css transition in between the images would be great. I created a mockup http://quidando.toall.org/: that is not connected to a real menu just a custom html. Is there anyway to achieve this with this module or is there any module out there where I can achieve this??

Thanks for the help!!

melaniebund
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by melaniebund » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm

well i went to extentions uploaded it - no prob - went to modules and nothing there - i tried this about 5 times - nothing - luckily there is only one folder mod_exmenu in modules folder but how do i get it to work?

spud1967
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spud1967 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Getting really confused here

my site is at www.1967spud.com

in the top menu (brown line ) under my contact numbers is my navigation to link to section nmaes

but i cant get my head round the way to show either articles or catagories in another sub sub level in each section (in the module options)

spud1967
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spud1967 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Getting really confused here

my site is at http://www.1967spud.com

in the top menu (brown line ) under my contact numbers is my navigation to link to section nmaes

but i cant get my head round the way to show either articles or catagories in another sub sub level in each section (in the module options)

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”