joomla installation on webmatrix

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
def_con6
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

joomla installation on webmatrix

Post by def_con6 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello, I am a beginner to using joomla and I am having trouble setting joomla on wematrix. I get a message saying "Database password does not match". I have no clue how to go about fixing this. Can someone expain for me step by step what I need to do.Thanks!

grant_millgate
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: joomla installation on webmatrix

Post by grant_millgate » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 am

At which stage are you getting this error? Please upload a screenshot.

Cheers,

Grant Millgate
IT Professional.

def_con6
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by def_con6 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks for the response. In the meantime I figured out my error and I was able to log in to Joomla and have created a test site. I'm looking at creating a video streaming site and want to use HTML 5. Researching HTML 5 and the lack of standards across browsers, Im now stuck whether HTML 5 is the best or I have to settle for proprietary products where I will have to pay lincesing fees. Whats your advice?

grant_millgate
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by grant_millgate » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 am

Are you planning on just hosting your own videos, or user content ([youtube] style)?

def_con6
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by def_con6 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 pm

I am looking at a [youtube] style, i personally don't like the randomness of [youtube] videos, so I am interested in something that has a theme re: videos posted. Also, I am interested in videos of 30 minutes length or more because if I create the theme for the website them I will get less videos submitted. But, technically speaking because 30 minutes is a lot of space file wise I do not really know what that means re: costs, formats, work load etc. So I need to know which approach HTML 5, Flash, Silverlight etc is better?

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”