How to add images to different positions?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
khancross
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to add images to different positions?

Post by khancross » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey guys, I need help cos I am really stuck. I am new with Joomla, but not new with CSS and HTML.

I cannot find any usual way to add solid images like head banners and image slideshow. Attached is a screenshot.
The website will be an estate agency website. On the other hand I think, if it is so complicated to add just simple images, what difficulties to live through, to get the complete website with specific search functionallity...

Thanks for your advices!
Regards from Turkey
Khan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aemiller
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: How to add images to different positions?

Post by aemiller » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 am

Learning to use Joomla requires a completely different way of thinking than using just html and css. A template is somewhat similar except it uses php to place specific pieces of code in certain places on the site. If you want your images to appear on every page, then you can just code them into your template using html and css. If you want them to only appear on certain pages then you need to put them into custom html modules.

Learn Joomla Fast by Saurabh R. Bhide is a great tutorial for getting started in Joomla 1.5. This gives a very good overview of Joomla, tells how the various parts of Joomla all fit together and gives some solid steps to getting your first site up and running.

Note: This book is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License. This was published online at http://www.lagoona.in but that is no longer a valid link. I have now republished it at: http://alsweb.aembz.us/Learn_Joomla_Fast.pdf

This is for 1.5 but for those new to Joomla much of the info is the same or similar. Beyond that, the free Joomla! 1-7 – Beginner’s Guide is available at: http://cocoate.com/j17 This book is fairly complete and has good solid material.

If you are just getting started, I would recommend that you go ahead and use Joomla 2.5. This is the new long-term release that will be supported through the next 18 months.

drjumba
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to add images to different positions?

Post by drjumba » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

If the images that you are going to put are not dynamic, and are not going to require to be updated from a database, then you can go to your root folder, template, your template and and find adiv with an id which is logo.
From there play around with it to put your static images directly on the template.

For the slide images use an extension called djimage slider
'
thank you :laugh:

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”