Discuss Joomla! 2.5.0 Released

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
Z9iT
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Discuss Joomla! 2.5.0 Released

Post by Z9iT » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

aemiller wrote:I just updated four sites in about twenty minutes. Most went very smoothly. I did have one site that did not want to upgrade Akeeba Admin Tools from the Extension Manager>Upgrade tab. It kept telling me to 'Select item' although it was already checked. Doing a database 'Fix' resolved the issue.
Keep up the great work!

Gosh, I am not alone!!! i've been facing this problem since long on one of my clients website.... thanks for your suggestion, just tried database fix and it worked.. good going.. ;D
http://z9it.com....Bringing the best of www, in a gist...

hocquantrimang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hocquantrimang » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Version 1.7 will reach end of life one month from today, on 24 February 2012. All users of version 1.7 should update to version 2.5.0 before that time. The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. Note that there are now easier and better ways of updating than FTPing the files.
oh my god, i use version 1.7, i'll try to update version now, it's so lucky for the date hasn't come yet

aemiller
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by aemiller » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Z9it - I'm always glad to help when I can.

hocquantrimang - Your site will not suddenly disappear on 25 February 2012. But the upgrade is relatively easy and you will benefit from the 18 months of long term support for 2.5.

stevewayment
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stevewayment » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 pm

vav wrote:There is a bug when using ms sql 2008 r2 (64) in joomla 2.5.0 stable

Code: Select all

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Column 'jos_categories.published' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.SQL=SELECT a.id AS value, a.title AS text, a.level, a.published FROM jos_categories AS a LEFT JOIN [jos_categories] AS b ON a.lft > b.lft AND a.rgt < b.rgt WHERE (a.extension = N'com_content') AND a.published IN (0,1) GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.level, a.lft, a.rgt, a.extension, a.parent_id ORDER BY a.lft ASC
I have reported this bug and will post the resolution in THIS THREAD when received.

Z9iT
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Z9iT » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:13 pm

stevewayment wrote:
vav wrote:There is a bug when using ms sql 2008 r2 (64) in joomla 2.5.0 stable

Code: Select all

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Column 'jos_categories.published' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.SQL=SELECT a.id AS value, a.title AS text, a.level, a.published FROM jos_categories AS a LEFT JOIN [jos_categories] AS b ON a.lft > b.lft AND a.rgt < b.rgt WHERE (a.extension = N'com_content') AND a.published IN (0,1) GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.level, a.lft, a.rgt, a.extension, a.parent_id ORDER BY a.lft ASC
I have reported this bug and will post the resolution in THIS THREAD when received.

You may post this to the Bug Squad team http://docs.joomla.org/Bug_Squad
http://z9it.com....Bringing the best of www, in a gist...

Return to “Announcements Discussions”