need an idea for a plug in church site

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mrawson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

need an idea for a plug in church site

Post by mrawson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello

I am setting up a new site for a church. I want to purchase and install some software that will allow me to give each member of the church staff the ability to change their part of the web site after I build it all. Is there something that is easy for them to use that will allow me to have them update just there area of the site?

thanks
mark

spike1968
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: need an idea for a plug in church site

Post by spike1968 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Your best bet is the Access Control which is part of Joomla 2.5.1.... 1.5 doesn't have that.

2.5 allows you to set it so that each user only has access to certain elements of the site. I would suggest that you load 2.5 and have a play...
I may be wrong and I often am.
http://www.yourparish.co.uk - Free listing directory
IMHO Chrome is the best

mrawson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrawson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for the great info Spike1968

install would be 2.5.1, now, if I wanted to take what they give me to the next level like have a nice signup system for the users, what can I pay to add to that system to make that process nicer? Is there something that I can add to that to take the acl to the next level and get more control?

crosley
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crosley » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:09 pm

You can try Community Builder http://www.joomlapolis.com. It has a full featured system to manage user registration. A bit of a learning curve, but it will do the job adequately.

spike1968
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by spike1968 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I would recommend seeing if there is an option in the extension directory, as for community builder my experience isn't as good a crosley's but then it has been a while.

You could just adjust the template css add new layouts using the css styling options given in the joomla core. In each menu, module and page there is an option to add an id or class suffix which can help adjust the way each page is viewed. Very handy for subtle colour changes within the same design.

This means that everything is template driven and doesn't rely on extensions which can sometimes let you down on upgrade.

If I can help guide you through the process I will gladly do so.
I may be wrong and I often am.
http://www.yourparish.co.uk - Free listing directory
IMHO Chrome is the best

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”