Moderator: Alex Dobrin

cinemascapist
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

rock piles?

Post by cinemascapist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello All,

Sorry for the english language post.

I am a photographer that currently is using Google Earth Street View for my latest series of works and I've been traveling the smaller towns around the country of Romania and down the narrow back streets and neighborhoods for a few months.

I keep seeing that in almost every town there are always several houses on every street that have large piles of loose rock, sand, and gravel outside the fence by the street.

I have asked many friends and the best two answers we have thought all those piles could be for was either Road repair? or Home repair?

I find it amazing if it was home repair because there are so many of these piles. I can't imagine that many people do that much home repair.

Can someone that knows the real answer, please help us finally get the answer to this?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Hobson
cinemascapist

Alex Dobrin
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: rock piles?

Post by Alex Dobrin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi,

Can you post links to some of those images ?
My latest project - http://www.extraglaze.co.uk/

cinemascapist
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cinemascapist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 pm

here are 4 samples from street view screen captures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex Dobrin
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by Alex Dobrin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Never noticed there are so many, but yes, those are used in constructions.
Sometimes, near winter, the companies that need to make sure there is no ice on the road in the winter, are leaving similar sand piles near the road. That is why I've asked for images.
My latest project - http://www.extraglaze.co.uk/

cinemascapist
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cinemascapist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:11 pm

thanks for the information Alex. Yes, there are a surprising amount of those, especially in the more remote villages.

Cheers. Aaron

Raton
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Raton » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 am

yes, it's really a habit of romanian village people to have such a pile of rocks or sand handy. Though, the piles are not kept there for imediate usage.. "ca sa fie acolo" as romanians say :)) they might pick up 3 or 4 shovels with rocks/sand from time to time but rarely will they use the whole pile. And yes this is pretty weird, but never thought at it, it's hard to notice the weirdness in things that you are somehow used to.
PM me for any Joomla related custom work.

enrique00a
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by enrique00a » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

:-)) buna, buna asta!
eu as fi raspuns ca e o forma dacica de feng-shui, de fapt de aici au preluat-o chinezii.
atrage belsugul, bunastarea, sanatatea si invidia "dujmanilor", pe principiul piramidei si purificarii care se face la intrarea in gospodarie.
recomandarea este sa o popularizeze si sa vina cat mai multi sa studieze fenomenul, poate mai gasesc si alte lucruri interesante (din cate observ, n-a mentionat nimic de "pacat ca e locuita", nu?). :-)
Mai scriu pe blog https://emrzone.ro despre design si optimizare CMS-uri diverse.

Return to “Romanian Forum”