Hey again, Sorry for the slow response if I'm completely honest the site needs a lot of work, I really do suggest you opt to have a professional look at it, if you don't have the funds this is what I suggest for the time being, please note I only address the issues on the front page and I assume that this continues to be a problem all over your site.
1) Have a Favicon Unique icon which is different than the default Joomla one.
2) You have over 16 CSS files this be compressed and minified into a single file and stuck on your CDN.
4) Your Meta Description on the front page is 165 Characters Long, Google only displays and cares about a max of 156, so keywords may be ignored.
5) Your page title is only 52 characters long, Google allows 70 therefor you are not fully optimizing your keywords, you should select one primary and 1-2 secondary's and fit them into the page title as well as the meta describe while ensuring they are good sentences so they are readable by SERPS.
6) Your Google Analytics is near the top of the page, this will slow down your site, it should be placed just before </body>
7) Your H1 Titles is static therefor you are repeating the site title on every single page, you are better of not using banners / images as H1 tags, this way you can have article headers as the h1.
Your images Widths, and Heights are not set, reason they are looking squeesed and not very nice too look at all.
9) Your images are missing ALT tags this will hurt your SEO.
10) Your images are not lossless compressed
11) Your page titles are far too short on most pages, and the description doesntt include key words and sometimes not in a proper readible sentence.
12) You are keyword Stuffing NEWS Anchor, Google will penalise you for this.
13) Some images on some articles are duplicated, this is not a good thing unless the article remains the same, for example if you have a article about Arnie, for each page you'd want a different picture of him, making your articles more unique.
15) No contact information, best to include one way of contacting the web master via email.
And theres most likely more but I'm extremely busy at this present time to help any further, I hope this helps you out.
thank you for this help, this is amazing. i did have the site the way i wanted it, but then my hosting company caused a major problem when they upgraded the site, but that is another story, and then when i had the site the way i wanted it, as soon as i started using amazon, the k2 news module would not show the images which has left me with a huge website problem as i need the k2 news module on my front page and site, i have tried to get an answer why the k2 module is not picking up the images from amazon but on k2 forum i have not received any reply and i have tried on this forum but not received a reply yet and really need to find the answer.
I would love to hear your thoughts on what you feel the home page should look like, please do pm me as i would love to get it right.
1. can you let me know how i do this please - You have over 16 CSS files this be compressed and minified into a single file and stuck on your CDN
3. I have been trying for a couple of days to try and find which file the google analystic code is in and i cannot find it and need to sort this problem out. - 6) Your Google Analytics is near the top of the page, this will slow down your site, it should be placed just before </body>
4. Can you let me know how to do this please. Your H1 Titles is static therefor you are repeating the site title on every single page, you are better of not using banners / images as H1 tags, this way you can have article headers as the h1.
5. hi sorry do not understand what this means can you let me know where this is on my site - keyword Stuffing NEWS Anchor
thank you for all this, the rest of the stuff i am going to work on now, many thanks for this and look forward to reading your responce.
In2town Magazine is a popular magazine covering celebrity gossip, travel news, lifestyle news, gadget news and so much more. visit http://www.in2town.co.uk