Pre-install check, no database support

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
LoomisIsGod
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Pre-install check, no database support

Post by LoomisIsGod » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:08 pm

I followed a walkthrough for installing PHP, MySQL, and Apache. Everything seemed to be alright, and when I finally extracted Joomla to the proper directory I ran into an issue.

When it checks the pre-reqs, everything is fine except Database Support: () = NO.

I have connected to MySQL so it is up and running, but I don't know where to start and I haven't found anything documenting a fix for this problem.

ami2510
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Pre-install check, no database support

Post by ami2510 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:34 pm

I got the same problem... any update on this? 2.5.2 or 2.5.3 wont install because of the Pre-install check, no database support error

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Pre-install check, no database support

Post by imanickam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Review of the discussion http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=277540 could be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”