Sidebar Problem in Gantry Rocket Theme

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
aagthosting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Sidebar Problem in Gantry Rocket Theme

Post by aagthosting » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 am

I am working on a site for a customer. I was not the original developer. The site has a Gantry template. It is on the rocket theme framework. Every page in the site is OK. The side boxes appear like they are supposed to. Now on the edit profile page in JomSocial the side boxes do not appear and the div's for the side boxes are not there.

Does anyone know how to make the div's appear onthat page.

Below is the login info for a test user. Log in and click on edit profile and you will see what is going on. Also, how do I make the content stay on the piece of paper. What i'd like to do is have the same template configuration on the edit profile page as is on every other page.

heyabigail.com

User: gregtest
Password: test1234

aagthosting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Sidebar Problem in Gantry Rocket Theme

Post by aagthosting » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 am

I checked the template setting in Gantry and the settings are 2|8|2. These are the same setting as the default for the rest of the site.

aagthosting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aagthosting » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:18 am

I checked and all the modules that are supposed to be in the sidebars are configured to show up on the edit profile page. But they are not. I suppose this is because for some reason the div's for those sidebars on not there on this page.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:21 am

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ment/10307 gives more control over module assignment.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

aagthosting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aagthosting » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:34 am

I don't think the problems is whether I have control over what div I put a module in or not. The problem is that for some reason there is no div for the sidebars on this page only in the web site.

Below is code in the Gantry template that puts the div's in the page for the sidebar. Because it is done this way I can't just add a div.

Code: Select all

<?php /** Begin Main Body Columns **/ ?>
		    <?php echo $gantry->displayMainbody('mainbody','sidebar','grunge','standard','standard','standard','standard'); ?>
			<?php /** End Main Body Columns **/ ?>

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”