Change Banner

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
craigbert
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Change Banner

Post by craigbert » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 am

Hello All,

I am trying to find out where I need to go to change the default banner on 2.5.
I have looked for hours, but can't seem to find it.

Needless to say I am a total n00b on Joomla, but I LOVE IT. I am having a lot more success getting my site to look like I want it (other than the banner ;) ) than I ever have using any of the other website design tools.

Thanks,

Craigbert
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5 / Joomla! 1.7 to Templates for Joomla! 2.5 / Joomla! 1.7

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Change Banner

Post by imanickam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 am

It depends on the template you are using.

Assuming that you are using the template Beez_20, Joomla!'s default template, the image to replace is personal2.png located in the directory /templates/beez_20/images/personal.

Generally, in these situations you could use the tool FireBug to inspect elements and view the css entries.

The tool FireBug that is available in browsers such as FireFox and Chrome could be used for this purpose. With FireBug you can inspect an element in a web page and find out its css entries and in which file the entries are located. You could even change the css entries to see how it affects the look and feel of your site. Once you are satisfied you could incorporate the changes in the actual file.

Review the document http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_F ... la_Website for more information about how to use FireBug.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

craigbert
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by craigbert » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 am

Ilagnayeru,

You are obviously used to dealing with many beginners, and I am glad!

Yes, I am using the Beez_20 template. Thanks for pointing me to the spot and to the use of FireBug. I will go there promptly as I can it is a much needed tool.

Thanks again.

Craigbert

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:54 pm

hi there - many many thanks.

this is exactly the issue i am struggling with. You both helped me alot!

greetings ;D
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”