Error 500 accessing the User Manager

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pietdv
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error 500 accessing the User Manager

Post by pietdv » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 am

Since my upgrade from 1.7 to 2.5.3 I've got problems with contacts and the User Manager. Unable to send email via the contact form. When I try to access the User Manager I get the following error message.

500 - An error has occurred.
Table 'pietsweb.j17_user_notes' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT n.user_id, COUNT(n.id) As note_count FROM j17_user_notes AS n WHERE n.user_id IN (a whole string of numbers follows on)

I've deleted both my single contact and single contact category but still the same message. I am running joomla! 2.5.3 locally on my laptop while working on the site. This may have a little to do with the non sending of mail, however the User Manager is not a happening thing!

Any offers of help appreciated.

All the best,
piet

intextdesign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error 500 accessing the User Manager

Post by intextdesign » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

I had this same problem but still using 1.7. I looked at extension manager > databases and had the message that my databases were not up to date. Simple using the update button has fixed the problem for me.
Hope this helps

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”