http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=28354
The issue described in this thread has been "fixed" in the latest trunk.
This fix addresses the following symptoms (all
of these must be a symptom):
Automatic login to backend
Attempting to logout of backend fails
Backend login form never shows
The admin modules such as main menu are missing or the backend is blank
List of users are shown when browsed to /administrator/index.php?option=com_users&view=users
Upgraded to Joomla! 2.5.4Why is this happening
The Global Configuration's permissions for "Admin Login" has been set to allowed for the Public group. This could occur through a bad default or a user misconfiguration.How to fix
There are two methods that should fix this. The first method doesn't require any modifications to core files and fixes the root cause of the problem (recommended). The second method requires a core file change and should only be attempted if the first method failed.First Method
1) Browse to /administrator/?option=com_login
2) At the login form, enter a super user's username and password
3) Go to Site->Global Configuration then click on the "Permissions" tab
4) Under the Public drop down, set the "Admin Login" to "Not Set". Note: you should set all values in this Public drop down list to "Not Set" (viewtopic.php?f=624&p=2785068#p2785053
5) Click Save & Close
6) Try to log out and if the login form appears, this method worked and your site should be fixed.
Assumption: the "Guest User Group" setting located in the "User Manager" options is set to 'Public'.Second Method
Replace the contents of /administrator/includes/helper.php
with the contents on https://raw.github.com/joomla/joomla-cm ... helper.php
. This fix will be included in J! 2.5.5.
After regaining access, you should go to the Global Configuration->Permissions then set the Public
" to "Not Set
". It might be a good idea to check all the permissions in this section to ensure it has the correct settings.
Update: several people have confirmed this fixes the issues as outlined in the symptoms.
07/04 21:44 - Added a better fix to the post
07/04 22:11 - Made the fix clearer
10/04 21:20 - Added assumptions to fix and tidied method 2
extensions - Joomla! 1.7/2.5/3.1 LDAP Group Mapping & SSOhttp://shmanic.com/tools/jmapmyldap/