I want to "roll" my own main page...

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
chadbryant
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I want to "roll" my own main page...

Post by chadbryant » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

So, I have an existing site that is run on Joomla. However, I'm not getting the SEO results that I would like to get from the site. I want to create my own HTML and then have links into different pages so clients can get to the content that is managed by joomla. So, with that being said, I have multiple questions:

1) How do I bypass index.php and it not affect the joomla install
2) How do I get all of the existing links from the index.php file and link them properly
3) Will this affect anything long term w/ my joomla install
4) Has anyone attempted this with regards to SEO and seen positive results?

Thanks in advance!

float-right
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: I want to "roll" my own main page...

Post by float-right » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 am

Why not just adapt index.php to match your SEO requirements?

Short answer to your questions is that you can't. Let us know what SEO results you are trying to achieve and we can certainly suggest how to get them, without breaking Joomla. Out of the box, joomla is extremely good in SEO terms, I doubt very much that any improvements could be made by circumventing index.php.
Top-tip: marking your posts as "Urgent!", when they clearly aren't, will most likely get you ignored.

Please don't PM me with anything other than *Personal Messages*! If you have a Joomla question, post it in the forum.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”