Background image change help!! (newbie)

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dex3844
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Background image change help!! (newbie)

Post by dex3844 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 am

I am working on an empty atomic template and i am unable to change the body background to an image
..I have tried to change body background-image tag in screen.css but it dint work

any help is appriciated
Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Background image change help!! (newbie)

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:19 am

What is your site's URL so that others can see what is happening?

Generally, in these situations you could use the tool FireBug to inspect elements and view the css entries.

The tool FireBug that is available in browsers such as FireFox and Chrome could be used for this purpose. With FireBug you can inspect an element in a web page and find out its css entries and in which file the entries are located. You could even change the css entries to see how it affects the look and feel of your site. Once you are satisfied you could incorporate the changes in the actual file.

Review the document http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_F ... la_Website for more information about how to use FireBug.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

dex3844
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dex3844 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 am

thanks for your reply and the site is 'http://www.gospel-truth.co.uk/Joomla/' ...i have used firebug already
..the issue here is i am new to blueprint css and so i dont realy know where exactly to put the files

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 am

You could change the following css entry that is available in the file screen.css that is located in the directory /templates/atomic/css/blueprint.

Code: Select all

body {font-size:75%;color:#7b6965;background-image :url(../images/template.jpg);font-family:"Helvetica Neue", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
You could change the background image file template.jpg that is located in the directory \templates\atomic\images.
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

dex3844
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dex3844 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 am

I tried that already and even the template.jpg is not showing up ..is there like a special folder where I shud put images ?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm

It could be due to several reasons:

(a) Invalid image format - this could happen if the image has not been uploaded as binary in the ftp
(b) The file name is not correct - if it is a Linux/UNIX based system then the file names are case sensitive
(c) The file extension is not correct - if it is a Linux/UNIX based system then the file names are case sensitive
(d) The file does not have appropriate permissions
(e) The image file template.jpg does not exist in the directory /templates/atomic/images

dex3844
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dex3844 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 pm

well i think maybe coz i changed a feww things to begin with ...
when i first opened the template ..i deleted everything in the <div class="container span-24"> tag . It had some php stuff about header and footer (index.php)..might that have caused the problem ? (the system is windows and the file deffinately exists)

ozsaul72
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ozsaul72 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Thank you Imanickam. Your suggestion saved me time in looking.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”