When you go to:http://www.norcaltruck.com/
The site is slow, if it even comes up. Usually you get this error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.However... going to:
The site comes up quickly as expected, but it doesn't look like a Joomla site and hasn't been updated since 2006. Do you have 2 different websites residing in the same directory? If not, this is most assuredly a configuration issue.
A little rundown on the site....
Norcaltruck.com/index.html was the companies old site. It worked, took orders etc, owner of the company decided to move another direction as far as aesthetics went and found a local web guy to build a new site ( which is now the slow loading http://www.norcaltruck.com
) Well he ended up going MIA. We found him and got him to backup the old site onto the new server so we could still have access to some of the info, let him go. Well we ended up finding a new web guy out of Texas who promised us he could fix the site....Once again we got burned, communication stopped and page went absolutely nowhere, got rid of them too. So now we have a new web guy that is building the site, hes local and so far has done more in 2 weeks then the other 2 did in 3 years, its dragged on that long.
I came on board to help my buddy who owns the shop in Sept of 11'. Im an automotive photographer and have ZERO experience with building a web page. I know a few things to be dangerous, but thats it. So everything I know up to this point about Joomla/Virtuemart I have taught myself. This has been the biggest PITA ever..lol.....
So our store has 300 products as of now. Well before this current slow page hiccup, GoDaddy was saying we were on PHP 5.2 but Joomla was saying we were on PHP 4.4.9. We needed PHP 5.0 or higher to be able to use the CSVI module to export our products from old store to the new one....
Tech support had me go into the cpanel and change a setting.....boom page goes dead and they say it has something to do with the htaccess file. I cant remember for the life of me what they had me change.
The new web guy said he would look at the old site but his focus is the new site. Trying to explain this to someone who doesnt know anything about computers/webpages in general ( owner) doesnt really work....
So here I am trying to trouble shoot all of this with a limited knowledge base. Thankfully, these forums have helped a great deal. What a headache...Probably way more info then I needed to post but it is what it is....