An image as background in an article (Joomla 2.5)

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
martino954
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

An image as background in an article (Joomla 2.5)

Post by martino954 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 am

I need to use an image as background in an article; I use at the beginning of the code html of my article the following code
<div style="background-image: url('images/stories/key.jpg')">
But if the image is smaller than the page,I see the image repeated many times and it fills the page; I need to see the image only once, also if it is smaller than the page.
Is it possible?
Thank
Martino

designerweb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: An image as background in an article (Joomla 2.5)

Post by designerweb » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 am

Yeah! it is absolutely possible. Add another style background-repeat: no-repeat;. The edited div will be <div style="background-image: url('images/stories/key.jpg');background-repeat: no-repeat;">. I think your issue will be solved.

Thank you and take care. :)
ColourDrift is a distinguished design and development studio providing a wide range of organized and well-presented, creative Web Design

martino954
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by martino954 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:01 pm

OK. it runs correctly. A ultimate question. In the article with the image as background, I would write using not the black caracter but an other colour. I use the basic editor: is it possible?
Thanks. Martino

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Go to Plugin Manager
Select TinyMCE by clicking the name
Top right of the new page display find the drop down next Functionality - set to Advanced by default and select Extended. Click Save and Close.
You now have a far more detailed interface for the Editor including Font Colour selection

designerweb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by designerweb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 am

You can do it using TinyMCE as said by humvee you can also use JCE (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... editors/88) a popular editor. You can also use CSS technique to make that happen, add another style color:#FFFFFF; the FFFFFF is the hexadecimal value for while change it to whatever color you want but it have to be in hex value. The edited div will be <div style="background-image: url('images/stories/key.jpg');background-repeat: no-repeat;color:#FFFFFF;">.

All the best and take care. :)
ColourDrift is a distinguished design and development studio providing a wide range of organized and well-presented, creative Web Design

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”