blank page user login

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
matarodi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

blank page user login

Post by matarodi » Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 am

I upgrade joomla 1.5.25. to 1.5.26 and when user login to site they have blank page, i also back to 1.5.25 and they have problem, but if a new user register an account , its not this problem and everyting is ok, WHY??? please help me???

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: blank page user login

Post by dpacadmin » Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Are you using the Joomla login or a login for an extension, like a social extension? A blank page typically means a php error, you need to enable Error Reporting in your Global Configuration settings to see the error message.

matarodi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by matarodi » Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 am

dpacadmin wrote:Are you using the Joomla login or a login for an extension, like a social extension? A blank page typically means a php error, you need to enable Error Reporting in your Global Configuration settings to see the error message.
No, I and user using the joomla login,
I enable error reporting and have some error in general ( without login user).

Notice: Undefined variable: side_column in /..../..../public_html/templates/....../utils.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined variable:side_column in /..../..../public_html/templates/....../ utils.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined variable: side_column in /..../..../public_html/templates/....../utils.php on line 45

The 40,42,45 code line in utils.php is :

40 $side_column = ($this->countModules('left')>0 or $subnav) ? $side_column : "0";

42 if ($template_width=="fluid") {
$template_width = "width: 95%;margin: 0 auto";
} else {
45 $template_width = 'margin: 0 auto; width: ' . $template_width . 'px;';
}

but when user login, they have blank page and dont any error appear
please pay attention this error is for old user and new user register dont have any problems,WHY??

if possible for you please see http://www.beymorgh.ir
Last edited by matarodi on Sat May 26, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 am

I see the errors when I try to login, I also tried your admin but your admin folder is password protected. The errors are template related, it could be your template is not compatible with the new version of Joomla. It could also be that there was a modified Joomla file that was needed for your login but the update replaced it.

You could try switching templates and test to see if front-end login works then.

Your admin login may be due to the new security that the Joomla update adds, if you had a security extension installed it could be that it is not compatible with the new Joomla update.

matarodi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by matarodi » Sat May 26, 2012 8:05 am

i slove it,

some users send news that its out of boarder( its come to the left column site, i dont know), when i edit old news that out of boarder and adjust it to fit to page for full apperar , its ok.
Now when the user login, its OK
I dont know what related between adjust news and login, Do you know?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”