"Single Contact" menu results in contact not found message

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
rainer042
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

"Single Contact" menu results in contact not found message

Post by rainer042 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi,

I set up a menu entry in joomla 2.5.4 with menu type "single contact". I can select the contact in required parameters and comfirm my selecten.

However when i klick on my new menu entry to show the contact form the only thing I see is a joomla message "contact not found". This is very very confusing since I was able to select the contact from a list in joomlas admin interface.

Whats going on here? Does someone know any solution thats working better than what I tried? i only want to provide a way so users visiting my site can contact me by email.

Another related thing I do not understand is that I can add more users to joomla and also can log in as such a new user, but when I try to create a contact link by "single contact" menu entry the only user on the list shown is admin, no one else none of the users I created. I would have expected to see all the users I created on this list as well as admin?

Have a nice day
Rainer

rainer042
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: "Single Contact" menu results in contact not found messa

Post by rainer042 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 am

Just in case someone else has the same problem ....

I found a solution without actually knowing what was wrong. What I did to get rid of the problem was:

Go to Components->Contacs, open the contact I wanted to use, then in Publishing Options I selected a user to be used for the "Created by" field. Next i saved the contacs settings and since then the contact is found when selected via "Single Contact" link.

Rainer

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”