Unable to find Gantry library. Please make sure you have it

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
magdy_mwigio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to find Gantry library. Please make sure you have it

Post by magdy_mwigio » Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 am

Hello,
I am new to Joomla! and I just installed Joomla 1.6. (I'm running it on my machine) I successfuly installed the template ca_cloudbase2_j16 - Default but when i set it as default template and click new site I get the following error message:
"Unable to find Gantry library. Please make sure you have it installed."
I downloaded 'gantry_framework_joomla16-3.2.4.zip' and pasted it in my joomla16 folder which has all the files I am using.

At present I have the 'gantry_framework_joomla16-3.2.4.zip' file zipped in the joomla16 folder as well as unzipped in the same folder which has all the folders : com_gantry, lib_gantry, plg_system_gantry, installer as well as the 5 installer files.

I would like to use this template on my site.
Kindly help.
Magdy

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Unable to find Gantry library. Please make sure you have

Post by pvh123 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 am

Have a look at http://www.gantry-framework.org/documen ... stallation
Than you find you have to installer for Gantry and not just copy the files across.
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

skyfire12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skyfire12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 am

I too am getting the same error message on a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.6, PHP Version 5.3.14. I installed the Grunge Bundle J2.5 which should have come with the Gantry and indeed com-gantry shows up under the components drop down menu in the admin interface though I see no modules or components that reference anything to do with gantry elsewhere. The install went fine and the Rocket theme installer showed it installed correctly. I even tried to install the gantry standalone zip seperately to see if it would rectify anything including the supposedly missing Gantry library but although that install also said it took fine, any attempt to visit the URL yields "Unable to find Gantry library. Please make sure you have it installed." Any ideas? I too would like to use this template if it works.

When you attempt to click on the com-gantry component menu drop down you get this error:
404 - An error has occurred.
Component not found

Return to Control Panel

Should I drop the extracted files into the folder on the site that allows manual component install?

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 am

Probably best for you to ask this question on the Rocket Theme forum as it is an issue with the template you purchased from Rocket Theme and not Joomla itself
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

skyfire12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skyfire12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks, I posted there as well. I thought perhaps someone here may have had this issue and might have an answer. Sometimes one forum is not enough of a resource. Thanks.

skyfire12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skyfire12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 am

My solution was to download the package with the joomla install as well as the template all in one zip file. I extracted it into a folder and then combined the new extracted file over the prior install replacing all necessary files and now it works. Not sure why the installer method failed/fails despite the messages claiming success but if this workaround helps someone else... then great.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”