Discussion: Resources Directory Guidelines

Here you can contact the editors of our Resources site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
mlipscomb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Discussion: Resources Directory Guidelines

Post by mlipscomb » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:06 am

The Joomla! Resources Directory Team recently updated the guidelines to include many more areas of community involvement as opportunities to qualify for a listing in the directory.

You can read the blog post here.

We welcome feedback, questions and comments. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the Joomla! Resources Directory and want to know what you think!

Additionally, the team has a Joomla! People Portal Group that is open for discussions on the new guidelines or anything pertaining to the JRD! Make sure to join us there to!
~Matt Lipscomb
http://www.USAFreelancers.org
Professional Joomla! Services and Web Development based in the USA

Jenny
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Discussion: Resources Directory Guidelines

Post by Jenny » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 am

Thanks for posting the updated guidelines Matt. It is nice to see so many options listed that people can actively take part in contributing on all of the various official community spaces that Joomla! has to offer.

I am still rather stumped by the misinformation that is posted in the comments of that discussion that there is some sort of approval process people have to go through to participate on the forums, or submit bugs to the tracker, or to add documentation to the Doc wiki. As far as I know the only thing that anyone has to do to participate on any of those sites, is to register an account with a valid email address, and then start participating.

Any word as of yet as to what sort of "approval" process that Simon stated that he had to go through, and that he was never "approved" to participate. It would be helpful if whatever went wrong in that whole situation could be corrected.
Co-author of the Official Joomla! Book http://officialjoomlabook.com
Marpo Multimedia http://marpomultimedia.com

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Matt,

Thanks for starting this thread to continue the discussion about the JRD guidelines! One of the comments to your blog post that I thought was valid was that some non-English speaking community members may have a tougher time getting their contributions recognized in the JRD review process, especially if there isn't an active joomla.org forum in their language.

I would like to think that there might be some happy medium/middle ground where the JRD can have some more flexibility in their guidelines, especially in cases where there isn't an active joomla.org forum in an applicant's native language.

I didn't realize what a tough job the JRD team had until your blog post and all of the comments surrounding it got posted. Thanks for the important work that you and all of the other JRD team members are quietly and consistently doing on behalf of the community!
Paul Orwig

translationz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by translationz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi, I submitted an application over 30 days ago to be listed in the Resource directory. I believe I have complied with all of the requirements. My "page" still says "pending approval" and I'm wondering whether that means that my application is still in queue or if it means it is awaiting further action or community participation by me?

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:03 am

I'm waiting since May. No word from JRD team.
Best regards, Edvard Ananyan
https://gtranslate.com - GTranslate - Multilingual Website Solutions

Return to “resources.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”