Login / Register / Logout Issue

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
masseyn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Login / Register / Logout Issue

Post by masseyn » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Ok so i have a company website http://www.blccs.co.uk/ and at the very top i have a nice looking login, logout, register, profile section. I have a couple of issues....

Firstly, if i am logged out i would prefer this to say register or login or have only those two options and likewise if i am logged in it should say my profile or logout. But it doesnt, the same options always appear regardless of your login status...

Any ideas... ???

Secondly, we request users to be members to download our datasheets. Using Zoo we have a cool catalog but if the user gets there and then clicks to register or login to download the document, on login it goes to the profile page and not back to the page they were previously looking at.

How do i force them after login to go back to that page ?

Really hope you guys can help me :eek:

masseyn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Login / Register / Logout Issue

Post by masseyn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 am

If needed I can provide any extra info

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”