Import Content From Template

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nupet12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Import Content From Template

Post by Nupet12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 pm

I am new to Joomla trying to make my first website and purchased Artisteer.
Have made a relatively simple site which I exported including content. Contacted Artisteer for support and after a number of emails they asked for my .artx file which, apparently didn't include the content as it was supposed to. Still to resolve this issue with their program.

They sent me a .zip file which they said contained my content which I could install in Joomla.
I click 'install content from template' (any template) and get the second box with 'import' 'cancel'. When I click 'import' nothing happens, the box remains there like it is waiting for a response.
I think not having the content imported affects the positions in my design.

The instructions look pretty simple and I'm wondering if there is some problem with Joomla or if it still lies in the template export .zip (which Artisteer support has gone quiet on me) and I'm completely lost as to what I should do.

If anyone can help I'll be very grateful. :'(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Import Content From Template

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 pm

But content is kept in the database not the Template. All the Template does is display the content from the database.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Nupet12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Import Content From Template

Post by Nupet12 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, but what I want is the style applied to my vertical menu in Artisteer, on right in image, which has not come across in Joomla. I get the style shown on left in the image.
Artisteer have suggested I disable all plug-ins and see if any of those are causing the trouble.
There are heaps of plug-ins from the 'sample data' and because I'm so new to this, don't know which ones it's safe to delete. ???

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”