DB function failed with error number 1

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
methakon
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by methakon » Sat May 16, 2009 1:02 pm

hi this is S Sekhar D
Today I faced one problem with joomla Version 1.5.10

when i went for creating the modules after installing joomla Version 1.5.10 then I had this error.
It is showing the error which i am displaying - below and also a screen short file attached .

"DB function failed with error number 1
Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_8a8_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) SQL=SELECT m.*, u.name AS editor, g.name AS groupname, MIN(mm.menuid) AS pages FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = m.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = m.access LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.client_id = 0 GROUP BY m.id ORDER BY m.position , m.ordering ASC LIMIT 0, 20"

please help me out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Language - Joomla! 1.5 to the forum Administration - Joomla! 1.5

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: DB function failed with error number 1

Post by toivo » Sat May 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Have you tried clearing the folder windows\temp and restarting the MySQL server? Which version of MySQL are you using?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

daam37
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by daam37 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:23 am

toivo wrote:Have you tried clearing the folder windows\temp and restarting the MySQL server? Which version of MySQL are you using?
Oh, thank u very much.

Tomorrow is my project delivery date and Iwasso scary when I recieved the error "DB function failed with error number 1".

I clean up my /temp directory and erase the joomla caché and, wallah!

joya
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joya » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks toivo, just helped me with the same error :)

Danutz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Danutz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm

hello
I need some help with this error: 500 - An error occured!

Can't create/write to file '/localservices/tmpfs/#sql_aa6_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2) SQL=SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, cc.title AS name, u.name AS editor, f.content_id AS frontpage, s.title AS section_name, v.name AS author FROM jos_content AS c LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.catid LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = c.sectionid LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = c.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_users AS v ON v.id = c.created_by LEFT JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = c.id WHERE c.state != -2 ORDER BY section_name , section_name, cc.title, c.ordering LIMIT 0, 20

I deleted the temp folder from windows folder but in my error is not stated windows/temp ,i have localservice/tmps. I also cleared cache and deleted it from joomla platform.
Actually this error appeared after looking at my site's first page and noticing that i don't have anymore the articles on the main page i went in the back page of joomla and it appeared at articles manager.
Please if you have any idea/ ideas help me.
I also asked where my site is hosted if they have some issues but they said they have no problem.

Thank you!

Return to “Administration 1.5”