Migrate from 1.5 to 2.5

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sinolize
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrate from 1.5 to 2.5

Post by sinolize » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Everyone:

When I try to migrate from 1.5.25 (the last 1.5 version) to 2.5 using jUpgrade 2.5.2, I got the following error.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 157024256) (tried to allocate 76 bytes) in /home/sinolize/public_html/jupgrade/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 483

My host increased my php memory limit to 256M, but the error remains. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Migrate from 1.5 to 2.5

Post by toivo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 am

If you check the System Information in the back end of your site, what are the values of the variable memory_limit on the PHP Information page?

The first column contains the local value and the second column the master value from the php.ini file. If they are different, check the contents of the following lines in the beginning of the PHP Information listing:

Scan this dir for additional .ini files

Additional .ini files parsed

If they contain something else than 'none', those .ini files may set the lower memory limit.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sinolize
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Migrate from 1.5 to 2.5

Post by sinolize » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks Tiovo. I have memory_limit as 256M for both columns and (none) for both
Scan this dir for additional .ini files and Additional .ini files parsed. So it must be something else. Any other suggestions?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”