Plugin Installation Issue

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
LionsGate
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Plugin Installation Issue

Post by LionsGate » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

I am writing a plugin for Joomla! 2.5. Once installed, the plugin works perfectly and flawlessly. Good on me as i only started working with Joomla yesterday. However, one issue related to plugin installation. I will be distributing this plugin, and need to resolve the installation part. As part of installation, subdirectory is created in existing /plugins/authentication/ directory, and files uploaded to existing /administrator/language/en-GB/ directory. On my server, this did not work. I had to chmod each directory as 777. But, before that, the plugin was already "seen" as installed even though directories not installed, and files not uploaded. Became a mess. Had to uninstall by deleting from database via phpMyAdmin. Then, do the chmodding via FTP. Is there a better way? Or just, include readme doc that explains that they might have to chmod first?

LionsGate
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Plugin Installation Issue

Post by LionsGate » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 am

Hopefully someone more experienced with this will ring in.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”