Adding email address to Article causes webpage to deform

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Adding email address to Article causes webpage to deform

Post by dougEdoug » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:25 am

Can someone please help...When i try to add an email address "....@...." in the article text area in a category blog menu, i get a "\n" where my articles are published on my website and my webpage deforms. Please the the attached image. please help asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Adding email address to Article causes webpage to deform

Post by Ankit Mathur » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm

dougEdoug wrote:Can someone please help...When i try to add an email address "....@...." in the article text area in a category blog menu, i get a "\n" where my articles are published on my website and my webpage deforms. Please the the attached image. please help asap.
Set error reporting to maximum from your joomla backend and then try to find the error.
With Kind Regards,
Ready Bytes Software Labs
Joomla Shopping Cart: http://www.readybytes.net/paycart.html

dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dougEdoug » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately, i dont get any errors relevant to the issue im experiencing. However i noticed that when i try to publish K2 articles, or copy text from MS word and paste, it does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ankit Mathur » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 am

Hi,
I wish to see this issue at your end. If you don't mind then can you give me access (only on the condition if you agree) to your TEST website (if any). Else, its seems time consuming and meaningless to give various suggestions of hit and trial to fix the issue.
With Kind Regards,

dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dougEdoug » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

Unfortunately My test website is on my local computer and not online. I think this has to do with the symbol "@". When I delete it everything works as normal. I tried to get around this by changing the menu item from category blog to a contact list but even that doesn't display an email address. It only displays contact name, position, address etc. I set the email to show in the back end but still nothing.

dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dougEdoug » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:45 am

Seriously?? No one has any ideas??? Please help, I'm trying to create articles which needs to have some contact details in the text area but for some reason the "@" symbol causes issues for that web page please see the image attached to the first post. Please help, any suggestions at all??? Perhaps a module that can display a contact card or something to help get around this issue??

Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ankit Mathur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 am

Please attach the screen when the page works fine.
I have tried same thing with beez20 template in Joomla 2.5. It doesn't show any problem.
Try this out with some other template and then update us.
With Kind Regards,

subrat
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by subrat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 am

are you copying the text from MSword or typing it directly on the editor?
if you are copying from ms word then please copy to notepad first and then paste inside the editor.
Quality WebDevelopment at http://www.webworkwiz.com
Affordable hosting http://www.vsmhosting.com

dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dougEdoug » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 am

Hi and thanks for the replies. I am typing the address directly into the article text area. I am aware that you should always paste in notepad first to get rid of formatting however in this case typing in the article text box.

I have attached 3 images to better understand the issue im facing. As Ankit suggested, i tried changing templates to beez20 and it works like a charm so there has to be an issue with my template. is there a code that i have to add in to allow this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dougEdoug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dougEdoug » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 am

I managed to find out how to fix half the problem. It was as simple as disabling the email cloaking plugin. didn't realize there was such a plugin across it earlier on. However, even though this fixes the issue of typing in email addresses in the text area on articles, it doesnt fix it when you set the email address to show in the display options of a contact. So i still have the same issue trying to show an email address of a contact.

Any Ideas????

Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ankit Mathur » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm

dougEdoug wrote:Hi and thanks for the replies.

As Ankit suggested, i tried changing templates to beez20 and it works like a charm so there has to be an issue with my template. is there a code that i have to add in to allow this?
Which template are you using?
Things doesn't even look good with it.
With Kind Regards,

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”