Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 Translation Tool

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

cabbagecreek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 Translation Tool

Post by cabbagecreek » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 pm

I have made a small translation program.

You will need a Bing account to get translation suggestions.

If you have an "old" translation file you can load the available traslations from it.

The new text(s) that is not translated will be yellow and you can navigate to them and translate the new text in the new languagefile and use old translations from the old but already translated languagefile.

You can navigate thru the original translation file to se each translated text.
The new translation file will be organized exactly as the original with the original comments and empty row(s)

Using Bing you can get a translation suggestion. in 70% of the cases it is good enought. Sometimes it is even better than what you can image. Somtimes its totally crap. Att least it will speed up the boring translation of Joomla Languagefiles and will definitly speed up when a new version of Joomla languagefile is deployed and only the new delta text needs to be translated.

The tool itself has a language file that is translateable using "itself" as translationtool.

The program is in its early development.

Installation.
1: Unzip the file i a directory
2. Edit the config.xml to add Bing API key
(Could be made inside the GUI aswell)
3. Run the GUI Joomla Translate tool.
4. Choose original Jomla Language file.
5. Load the File.
6. Load old translation file(s) to find allready done translated text(s)
7. Translate the untranslated text(s) manually with or without help of BING api translate
8. Choose a file to store the new translation to. (backup store can be made during the process)
9. Donate if the program have been useful.

Do anyone want to help me to publish it as a standalone PC (C#) Joomla translation utility/tool.

The Joomla Translation Tool is useful for Joomla 3.0 aswell. How do I post this in the J 3.0 Language without doing a copy of this thread? Comments to this thread are likely to be for all J1.5 - 3.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 Translation Tool

Post by infograf768 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:23 am

Moving this topic to the Translations forum as this concerns ini files translations.

We cannot test this Windows .exe file, therefore we do not take any responsibility concerning its usage.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

cabbagecreek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 Translation Tool

Post by cabbagecreek » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks infograf768!

The program is NOT a Joomla extension and should be used "as is" on a standalone PC running almost any Windows version.

The goal for the program is to help translators to create Language files quicker and with higher quality.

What I want is feedback to keep on develop this program.

Return to “Translations”