Menu orientation

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
lilitrix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Menu orientation

Post by lilitrix » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Ive set up joomla 2.5.9 on my site and testing server im loged in as super user and i have created a menu added headings and articles and published. the menu shows. but im trying to adjust the settings on the menu such as the location, orientation etc however the options to do so do not show.
In the module manager..i only have basic and advance options.

i have searched everywhere i dont see any paramaters setting to change my menu orientation from vertical to horizontial.
i have installed the 3.0 as well and still have the same difficulty

can any one help ...

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Menu orientation

Post by imanickam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 am

The templates should have supporting css entries to show the menu items horizontally.

What is the template that is being used?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

lilitrix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilitrix » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 am

as i said im new so i was looking at a tutorial and noticed where they demo that particular thing doing so. but if it can be done using css i will look into it. Im actually building my own template. My menu is horizontal. one of them at least . I will look into the applying css to it and see how it works out.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am

Glad to know that you are building your own template. Congratulations!

The best way to learn is to use an existing template such as Beez_20 or Beez_5 to see how the css was made to make the menu items horizontal. After all, the menu items are nothing but unordered list (UL tag with li tag within it.)

Hope you are familiar with css. If you want to know more about css, you could visit http://w3schools.com/css/default.asp.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

lilitrix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilitrix » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I am falilar with css, so i was able to get past that. I now have my menu looking like i want it. Thanks much

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”