user passwords

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
JCISteve
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

user passwords

Post by JCISteve » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:44 pm

s there a plugin or setting that i can use to increase user password security? we recently had to upgrade to j3 due to a breach in our security. as of yet we have not allowed users to re-register. i am holding off until i can find a way to force-require user passwords to be stronger. i want to eliminate passwords like i.e. 1234 , cleaning, cleaning1 and force passwords like cLeaning5! i feel that the inclusion of a capital letter, symbol and number will strengthen our security. I have tested password strength test, but it only tells the user if they have a strong pw, but doesnt stop registration of the desired pw's we are wanting.

JCISteve
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: user passwords

Post by JCISteve » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:46 am

Wow. 550 views and no replies. I am beginning to think that this is not possible with joomla.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 am

That wasn't your question! Joomla allows you to create plugins, so it is possible. Whether such a plugins exist? Look for it in the Joomla Extension Directory (JED)!
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am

Maybe user "sovainfo" is trying to tell you in his/her way that you will find some good extensions for your needs at http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=password+strength

Leo 8)

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

JCISteve
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JCISteve » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm

I would agree, but i woul;d think "salvo" would know forum etiquette. Someone with 990 post compared to on with under 15, should understand that more than likely, the user with the post under 15 more than likely DOES NOT know how to write a plugin for this system. They were simply asking for help. A little direction would have been better served here, and next time salvo... Loose the !!!!! points.They come across as being rude and attitude filled in your reply.

As for Leo. ty, i will give the link you provided a try. Thanks.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 pm

JCISteve wrote:I would agree, but i woul;d think "salvo" would know forum etiquette. Someone with 990 post compared to on with under 15, should understand that more than likely, the user with the post under 15 more than likely DOES NOT know how to write a plugin for this system. They were simply asking for help. A little direction would have been better served here, and next time salvo... Loose the !!!!! points.They come across as being rude and attitude filled in your reply.

As for Leo. ty, i will give the link you provided a try. Thanks.
This says more about you, than about me. Looks like there are more thing you need direction on!
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

JCISteve
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JCISteve » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Salvo, I am looking for help, not a discussion of other topics. Please keep your comments contained to that area in a format that is consistent within those guidelines. Thank you.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”