contact form icon

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
kiwinterrigal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

contact form icon

Post by kiwinterrigal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:36 am

Hey Guys i have 1.7 installed and cant for the life of me work out how to turn off the icons and display text in the contact form.

So rather than a email or telephone icon I just want the text to display.

In 1.5 it is an option in the form configuration on the right but I cant find in 1.7.

Any help appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coalaweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: contact form icon

Post by coalaweb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi,
If you go to components/contacts and then click the icon in the top right labelled options you be confronted with a tabbed pop up window. Click the icons tab and select either text or none from the settings drop down, that should give you what you are looking for.

kiwinterrigal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kiwinterrigal » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 am

Thankyou, very easy. I just could not find before
cheers

xgipper
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by xgipper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks also: I had the same issue on a 2.5 site. Thing I'm stumped on is the fact that I have
" Name of contact
Contact
Contact-image
and then the address here"

I'd certainly like to remove the words "Contact-image" and possibly the word "Contact" too (the menu item is "Contact Us" so I don't think it's that). There sure seems to be a lot of places to look to sort out one humble contact form!

xgipper
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by xgipper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Ah got rid of "Contact-image" by clearing the image for the actual contact.

Now what I'd like to do is edit the "Other information" header, above "other information" - and is it possible to move "other information" above the form so it's read before people send their email?
Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”