I hope this is a small problem.

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
arone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I hope this is a small problem.

Post by arone » Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello, I'm faily new to joomla but have never had a problem with downloading and installing plug-ins.

A few days ago I decided to buy Rapid Contact Ex for 5 Euros and am having my first set of problems.

While installing the component I receive 2 errors;
Component Install: DB function reports no errors
Error installing component
I am able to see it in my extention manager but I can not un-install it. It is also visible in the compenent drop-down but when I try and edit the field I get an error “Component not found”

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: I hope this is a small problem.

Post by bradm » Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi arone,

In regard to seeing the component in your extension manager and not being able to delete it, you can delete it from within phpMyAdmin and then try to reinstall it.

The same issues you're describing were mentioned in another thread, and this is where one of the members mentioned deleting the extension from within the database:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=594153#p2661397

This all may be a little vague, but give it a shot and let us know if you need any further help.
Please let me know if I can help any further.
Thanks, BradM, with http://www.inmotionhosting.com Support

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”