New/Edit Article and Custom HTML form problem

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lipoftruth
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

New/Edit Article and Custom HTML form problem

Post by lipoftruth » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Dear Joomla Community,

I am using Joomla 2.5.9

I am experiencing a problem when I try to create or edit an Article, or when I try to use the Custom HTML module. The forms do not display properly or completely.

Here is an image of what is looks like when I try to create a new article>

The form doesn't display properly and I am not able to edit or add new information.

Here is what the Custom HTML module looks like when I open it up>

I thought it was something to do with the migration I did from 1.5 to 2.5, but I can't figure out the problem. I have upgraded to 2.5.11 and it still has the same problem.

Could it be a problem with the Joomla 2.5 part of my database? If so, is there any way to correct it?

For example, are there a standard Joomla 2.5.9 database files that I can import to my database to fix the problem?

Otherwise I may have to try to migrate the whole site again and see if that corrects the problem, but I would like to avoid it, as it's a lot of work that I have had to do three times already.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dattard
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: New/Edit Article and Custom HTML form problem

Post by dattard » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 pm

It looks like your CSS files may be linked incorrectly in this part of the website ...
https://www.collectiveray.com - We make Joomla and WordPress Easy: Tutorials, Tips and Tricks, Lots of Free Modules incl. Easy Paypal, Popin Window, Random Flash, Google AdSense, Slide Menu (dropdown), 2CO / Paypal payment, [youtube] module, and more!

lipoftruth
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lipoftruth » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to find the problem where the css is linked. Any ideas on how I could go about fixing this? It seems strange, as I have replaced all the joomla files a few times now with clean versions and the problem still persists. Any help you or anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Just so you know, the rest of the administrator site works fine, so I don't know why those particular sections are not working well. More importantly, I have no idea how to fix it.

dattard
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by dattard » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Do a right-click view source and check for an incorrectly linked CSS file.

Alternatively, try a website like pingdom.com/tools or GTMetrix to find "bad requests".

These should point you in the direction of finding any incorrectly linked files.
https://www.collectiveray.com - We make Joomla and WordPress Easy: Tutorials, Tips and Tricks, Lots of Free Modules incl. Easy Paypal, Popin Window, Random Flash, Google AdSense, Slide Menu (dropdown), 2CO / Paypal payment, [youtube] module, and more!

lipoftruth
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lipoftruth » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks, Dattard, for the help you offered in fixing this problem.

I have now fixed it. It turned out to be a problem that the database was calling a plugin (modules anywhere) that had an editor button and the plugin was not installed (because I had migrated the site and hadn't installed that plugin). So after many hours of looking for the problem in the database I found it, and then just re-installed the plugin and everything works fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

PS: It seems I can't edit the original post of the thread (to mark it solved) as there must be some time limit with regard to editing, because it doesn't offer me the option of editing that post.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”