Upgraded to 3.2.1 (from 3.2). Using Windows 2008, IIS 7.5

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jackdh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgraded to 3.2.1 (from 3.2). Using Windows 2008, IIS 7.5

Post by jackdh » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:45 pm

I upgrade to 3.2.1 and know when I logon to the admin site I get a "500 - Internal server error." When I logon to the admin site from the web server (console/RDP'ed into the web server) I get a better error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, so it cannot be displayed.
Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExcuteRequestHandler
Handler PHPviaFastCGI
Error Code 0x8007000d
Requested URL http://localhost:80/aircraft/administrator/index.php
Physical PAth c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aircraft\administrator\index.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

I've done the remove/re-add/install CGI a number of times. No luck. I did find a somewhat workaround. When I add "?option=com_config" to the admin URL (example: .../administrator/index.php?option=com_config), I can get to just about any page within the admin site, but 'System>Control Panel'.

Someone pointed me to looking at my Directory Permissions page. Everything has a green (Writable) status, but configuration.php, it has a red status (Unwritable).

jackdh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Upgraded to 3.2.1 (from 3.2). Using Windows 2008, IIS 7.

Post by jackdh » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Maybe this is not the right place to ask for this. But I need a fix - I have a production site 'working', but in a state of 'not being able to update it'. I 100% appreciate the free help provided in this forum, but is paid help an option? Where's a trusted source for paid Joomla support?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”