myFlickr - Joomla Content Plugin - SUPPORT

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cbaugher
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: myFlickr - Joomla Content Plugin - SUPPORT

Post by cbaugher » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I really like your plugin but I was wondering if there was a way to view flickr private photo sets?

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 pm

cbaugher wrote:I really like your plugin but I was wondering if there was a way to view flickr private photo sets?
Hi!

At this point it is not possible to use private photosets with myflickr.

flickr API supports login function, so perhaps i will try to implement it in next releases.

Thanks for noticing that such functionality is expected!

peterspie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by peterspie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi, I really like the plugin. In Joomla 1.5.2x it works right out of the box. Because Joomla! 1.5.x will shortly be no longer supported, I have read april 2012, therefore my question, will the plugin function in Joomla 1.7.5 or 2.5.1 (this is the latest version)?
Hope to hear from you,
Regards, Peter

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:51 pm

peterspie wrote:Hi, I really like the plugin. In Joomla 1.5.2x it works right out of the box. Because Joomla! 1.5.x will shortly be no longer supported, I have read april 2012, therefore my question, will the plugin function in Joomla 1.7.5 or 2.5.1 (this is the latest version)?
Hope to hear from you,
Regards, Peter
Hi Peter,

Short anwser: Yep!

Long answer: I intend to make it compatible with newest Joomla versions.. Unfortunatelly I haven't tested it properly with 2.5.1... That is because of the fact, that new versions of Joomla! are released much much more frequently these days. Well..., myFlickr is "only" my hobby project. Still I intend to develope it in my spare time and make it better - so yes, you can except new versions and full support for new Joomla Versions. When? I can't give you exact date - but I was planning new release in the few next weeks ( 2 , max 3 weeks from now )

Best Regards,
Peter :]

peterspie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by peterspie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

Hello Peter,

that's good to hear. I have tested with Joomla 1.7 and 2.5. It is possible to install, but the interface looks "funny". Weird translations etc. This is not a real problem, the biggest problem is that I can not get it to work. So I just wait for the official release, great to heaur you are continuing this great plugin.

Gigababy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gigababy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am

Hi,

I love your Flickr-Plugin...at least it looks good what it may support.
But unfortunately I don't get it to work.... :(

I work with Joomla 1.7 and activated the Plugin and insert my Key and everything. Then I wanted to display a photoset and copied the syntax out of different examples. But all I get is "Err:" in the frontend - what am I doing wrong??

Please help
Regards
Gigabay

Torm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Torm » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello there.
Thanks for plugin, but I have some issues with Jquery conflict.

I am using Jquery easy, which souhld solve these conflict but not in this case, cause when I am unpublish the Jquery easy then its working, even if I put in myFlickr load jquery to yes or no.

I have feelings that that select doesnt matter, cause if I look through the Firebug to JS there is same number if its on load YES or select to NO.

Maybe if really wouldnt load the Jquery of myFlicrk then it would work. I really dont know.

Can you please check it ? Thanks!
Joomla 1.5.22 - Yootheme Explorer, GavickPro, Rockettheme Fan,ZOO, Kunena and Jomsocial Rocks!
php 5.2.6-1+lenny3

Gigababy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gigababy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 am

Any help for the "Err:" Problem??

...I just upgraded my Joomla to all the latest Versions (2.5.3) and so on but I still get the "Err:". :( I would be so happy if I could get running your myFlickr!!

Thanx

Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Azmandius » Tue May 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I am on Joomla 1.5 and i really want to use it. Would anyone be so kind to share an older version which works on Joomla 1.5?
Thanks!
AzBlog.me | Content & links worth checking.

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Thu May 17, 2012 7:39 am

Azmandius wrote:I am on Joomla 1.5 and i really want to use it. Would anyone be so kind to share an older version which works on Joomla 1.5?
Thanks!
Hey Azmadius,

I've added older version of this plugin to the Downloads Section:
http://www.in-web.pl/joomla-extensions/downloads.html

However : this version doesn't include caching, which may cause lower performance. Hopefully and when really expected by the community I'll introduce new version for J! 1.5 as well.

Regards and Enjoy the plugin :)

Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Azmandius » Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am

That sounds awesome! Thank you a lot!

Installation went fine. I have enabled and configured Content - myFlickr plugin. Now whenever i try to access any article i get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /.../.../public_html/plugins/content/myFlickr.php on line 1
I have attached myFlickr.php.

If i disable Content - myFlickr plugin articles are accessible fine.

Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Thu May 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Azmandius wrote:That sounds awesome! Thank you a lot!

Installation went fine. I have enabled and configured Content - myFlickr plugin. Now whenever i try to access any article i get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /.../.../public_html/plugins/content/myFlickr.php on line 1
I have attached myFlickr.php.

If i disable Content - myFlickr plugin articles are accessible fine.

Thanks again.
I must have messed something up with EOLs :laugh:

Try downloading plugin now, or better yet, replace your file with the one in the attachment. If something still doesn't work, give me heads up about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Azmandius » Thu May 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks, applied the fixed php file, everything worked like a charm.
Regards.

epiem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by epiem » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm wondering if it's possible to add a target="_blank" to the generic gallery.

So it opens a new window when the photo is clicked, instead of taking the guest away from our main site.

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 am

epiem wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to add a target="_blank" to the generic gallery.

So it opens a new window when the photo is clicked, instead of taking the guest away from our main site.
Hey,

Not "per se", but you can easly use Javascript to emulate that:

http://www.in-web.pl/joomla-extensions/ ... cript.html

That example does more less what you expect it do do ( modify JS function to fit your needs ).

If really needed you can simply "correct" the code in myFlickr.php file (Look for prepare_photo() in the code, about ~1000th line )

Regards

epiem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by epiem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 am

pi_wo wrote:
epiem wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to add a target="_blank" to the generic gallery.

Hey,

Not "per se", but you can easly use Javascript to emulate that:

http://www.in-web.pl/joomla-extensions/ ... cript.html

That example does more less what you expect it do do ( modify JS function to fit your needs ).

If really needed you can simply "correct" the code in myFlickr.php file (Look for prepare_photo() in the code, about ~1000th line )

Regards

Awesome! I got it working using Javascript, but now I lost my hover opacity functionality :(

I was using

Code: Select all

div.myFlickr-gallery a:hover img.thumb{
	opacity:0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50);
}
And it was working fine until I started using the JS

JS Code:

function ClickToOpen(obj)
{
var load = window.open(obj.alt, '', 'scrollbars=yes, menubar=yes, resizable=yes, toolbar=yes, location=yes, status=yes');
}
Any idea?

Thanks!

pi_wo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pi_wo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 am

epiem wrote: Any idea?

Thanks!
Hey again.

Only i can say : It shouldn't happen. I'll tr to emulate this on my machiny. But it would be much faster to diagnose it if you send link to the page your working on ( for example PM or via email - you will find it on the plugin page ).

Q: Do you place your css in the plugin or in an template file ?

Regards!
pi_wo

epiem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by epiem » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am

pi_wo wrote:
epiem wrote: Any idea?

Thanks!
Hey again.

Only i can say : It shouldn't happen. I'll tr to emulate this on my machiny. But it would be much faster to diagnose it if you send link to the page your working on ( for example PM or via email - you will find it on the plugin page ).

Q: Do you place your css in the plugin or in an template file ?

Regards!
pi_wo
Unfortunately, the site is being built offline.

The css is in the plugin file, not the template file.
I might try to add it in the template and see if that clears it up.

Thanks

mw777rcc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mw777rcc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Joomla 1.5.25
Plugin Installed and activated
API key and user name entered

Any kind of request I make comes back with errors like this. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/graceba/public_html/michaelwallace.org/plugins/content/myFlickr/myFlickr.class.php on line 81

Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?user_id=mw777rcc&per_page=20&page=1&extras=url_t%2Curl_m%2Cowner_name&api_key=[MyAPIKeyRemoved]&method=flickr.people.getPublicPhotos&format=php_serial) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/graceba/public_html/michaelwallace.org/plugins/content/myFlickr/myFlickr.class.php on line 81

Ravetracer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Ravetracer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm

mw777rcc wrote:Joomla 1.5.25
Plugin Installed and activated
API key and user name entered

Any kind of request I make comes back with errors like this. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/graceba/public_html/michaelwallace.org/plugins/content/myFlickr/myFlickr.class.php on line 81

Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?user_id=mw777rcc&per_page=20&page=1&extras=url_t%2Curl_m%2Cowner_name&api_key=[MyAPIKeyRemoved]&method=flickr.people.getPublicPhotos&format=php_serial) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/graceba/public_html/michaelwallace.org/plugins/content/myFlickr/myFlickr.class.php on line 81
Hi there.
The error means, that some PHP options are disabled for security reasons. The plugin uses the method file_get_contents() which opens a file connection to Flickr. Because the use of this method can cause damage on the server by loading foreign code, it's disabled on many web servers.
The solution is to load the informations of Flickr through another class/method, called "cURL". I've modified my version of the plugin and get it to work on a secured server.
Also I've sent the modified version to the plugin developer and hope, that it will make it in one of the future versions.

pedrojoomla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pedrojoomla » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello,

same error with joomla 2.5.11 in frontend:

Err :

can you help me?

cbaugher
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cbaugher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 am

Back in Jan 2012 you said that you might implement the ability to display private photo sets. I was wondering if there has been any progress on that.

jdriller
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jdriller » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 am

any help for the "err" message? I can't get the plugin to work.

running joomla 2.5.11
php 5.2

Could really use some insight here.
Sent a direct email, but haven't heard anything.

Jen
arxtech.net

SOAMJENA
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by SOAMJENA » Mon May 12, 2014 6:53 am

Is it out for Joomla 3.x ?
Web Design, eCommerce and Software Development
Joomla Premium Extensions,Templates and Support Packages

Ghamor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Ghamor » Sat May 17, 2014 6:58 pm

I'm also getting this complete useless "Err: " message.
But since the first time this error was postet in 2012 and didn't even get any kind of answer, I suppose this Error won't be fixed?

I'm using 2.5.19 and the latest myFlickr build. User ID and API Key are entered in plugin settings. It still doesn't work for any type of display mode.

buste
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by buste » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:06 am

hi,
it seem that the "bug" that cause an "Err:" on video and stop to work this plugin was resolved by the last update, released at 30/06/2014. Thank you to the programmer :) for support this very good software.

Tested on Joomla! 2.5.22 Stable [ Ember ] 12-June-2014 14:00 GMT.

happy coding

Stefano

kelvinjgoodson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kelvinjgoodson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:56 am

Thank you for this plugin, which for the simple things works well and covers my needs. I have been trying to use the "search using tags" facility, and have had limited success (so I know I have the syntax right).

My use case is that I wish to present only my own flickr images in a blog entry with a subset of images in the head of the document and a full flickr album after a "Read More" document element.

The full album bit works fine, but how can I present a subset in the document head?

I have tried using two {myflickr} elements in the document, one before the "Read More" and another one after. I have had limited success with the tag search - for instance if I search for the tag "better" I see some images, mostly other flickr users images. To overcome this I have tagged some of my images with cryptic tags that are unlikely to be used by other flickr users; but this does not seem to work, and even flickr's own advanced search fails to find the complex tags e.g. kgfchl.

My fallback will be to have two albums, one for the highlights and one for the full album, but that litters my flickr account with spurious extra albums.

Any suggestions please?

Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Azmandius » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:08 am

Hello,
You might not even look at my reply as I'm asking for help with an obsolete version of Joomla, but I'll take my chances :)

I'm on Joomla 1.5.17, i downloaded the latest stable version Legacy 1.02 (with cache) (Stable) here: http://www.in-web.pl/joomla-extensions/ ... -102c.html

I enabled plugin, enabled Joomla legacy plugin, replaced where needed http tp https in myFlickr.php and myFlickr.class.php, and it looks like it works, but actually it display a random bunch of images that don't belong to me, also the fancy box effect doesn't work, it always opens images in same window.

Any hope to make it work with my Joomla?

Thank you!

H2B
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by H2B » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:14 am

Hi mate

Been using your plugin on my site - very impressed! Does everything it says it would. Only 1 issue: The page is rather slow to load - around 19 seconds compared to the other pages. Is there a way round this at all??

Thanks for a great free plugin!

The page is here: http://www.kawasakih2b.com/index.php/pics

I;m running Joomla 2.5.17 - Everythings up to date

pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by pe7er » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 am

H2B wrote:I;m running Joomla 2.5.17 - Everythings up to date
I'm afraid that's not true...

Please always upgrade to the latest Joomla version within the same series first before trying to solve errors with an older version. Possible bugs might have been solved in the meantime, and it's a waste of time trying to solve issues that are caused because of non-updated software...

The latest version in the 2.5 series is Joomla 2.5.28 http://www.joomla.org/download.html
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
Company website: https://db8.nl/en/ - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Netherlands
The best website: https://the-best-website.com

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”