as there are plenty of requests how to make VirtueMart multilanguage, I decided to open a thread, where most of the things will be explained.
To have the Future of E-Commerce running on your site you should do some simple steps.
1. Install VirtueMart (1.0.4). Take it from here
2. Install Joom!Fish 1.7. Take it from here
3. Install the languages you want to use and configure the Joom!Fish
4. Add your products in the normal way in VirtueMart
5. Add to the folder administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ the files attached to this thread. If can upload those files easy with the Joom!Fish Content Element Installer. Get it from here
and upload the files one by one and NOT AS ZIP
6. Open the translation feature of Joom!Fish. Choose, what to translate from the dropdown and start translating the products, manufacturers, whatever.
7. Publish the translations.
I will try to update this thread and the files in it.
I've done everything yous say with a few excepcions
I'm using Joomla! 1.0.8
with VirtueMart 1.0.5 stable
and Joom!fish V1.7 (2006-05-01)
I've not uploaded the files you mention but the ones that follow....
My problem is in the account information and account registration and checkout, all those things!!!!!
I can't find were to translate them!!!!
I've already uploaded the files you metion but still doesn't work....
Can anyone help me!!!!???????????????? PLEASE!!!!