Tried tochange the footer and now errors...

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Vaines
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Tried tochange the footer and now errors...

Post by Vaines » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Greetings, I'm running Mambo 4.5.2.3, I tried to change the footer, and I received errors...Then willing to change it back to what is was, the errors remained, here they are:

Errors :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 194

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 195

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 198

Errors in Admin area:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/administrator/index2.php on line 34

Now, I already looked at configuration.php , and there seem to be no remaining lines, can someone help me?

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Tried tochange the footer and now errors...

Post by gram » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:14 pm

Yes,

Check you includes/version.php file to see if it has any additional lines or spaces before the beginning php command or after the ending php command.

GRAM
GRAM
http://coders.mlshomequest.com/ < -- Developer of samSiteMap component

Vaines
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Vaines » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:23 pm

Thanks a lot! I had read the FAQ, but couldn't really understand.

Now I still have to understand why it doesn't change the footer when i change it in footer.php and version.php ...

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:25 pm

A good number of folks edit the footer from the template instead.  Just remove the code that includes it, then insert what you want your footer to be.

GRAM
GRAM

Vaines
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Vaines » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Thanks, but I just found a way by editing the two lines of code of footer after the ?> sign.

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Just remember to make a backup of that file.  It could potentially get overwritten if you ever need to patch/update/upgrade your CMS.

GRAM
GRAM

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”