Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by guilliam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:08 pm

(project description made in the http://developer.joomla.org waiting for approval but we NOW have an RC version live):
This project is to create a web based script that will be hosted in one server in which automatic installation of Joomla install files will be possible. This is to accommodate the most common dilemmas of Joomla newbies or aspiring Joomla End Users in downloading the Joomla release files in their local desktops and painstakingly uploading the files via FTP.

Aside from FULLY Automatic web upload of installation files, the program/script will also automatically create the Joomla mySQL DataBase. This will be done by simply filling into the installation info’s such as:
1. Domain (to  where the Joomla installation be made)
2. cPanel’s Username, Password & Theme

Joomla’s mySQL DataBase will be created simply by filling into the info’s like:
1. Desired DataBase Name
2. Desired DataBase Username
3. Desired DataBase Password

Project is estimated to be released to the public in 2 days time(September 27, 2005).
-->  http://www.astang.com/joomla/&nbsp; <--- 1.0 RC released to public currently open for Language translation. Translations will be posted as soon as translations sums up a good number.
Last edited by guilliam on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLU

Post by guilliam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 pm

Forget about this:
Project is estimated to be released to the public in 2 days time(September 27, 2005).

Rhee of Team Joomlancer Philippines already made a public RC version of the script live and sitting on our hosting server. use the web installer here:

-->  http://joomla.astang.com&nbsp; <---

^^if you need a Joomla 1.0.1 to be installed just proceed to the URL above given. take it a spin. good luck!

in case of any bugs or further inquiries pls post it on this thread.

-guilliam for "Team Joomlancer Philippines"

TRANSLATION NOTE: Language Translation of that web installer page is warmly welcome to int'l translators to translate into their respective local language. anyone interested to volunteer pls do so in copy pasting the HTML source code and modify the text descriptions to be translated. zip the translated HTML file and send it to: joomla-translation @ astang.com

-ditto
Last edited by guilliam on Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

Dragon Company
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re : Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOL

Post by Dragon Company » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:28 pm

Very nice Addons !!

Wish you all the best.. That so intersting that I'm going to do a french translation !!

Enjoy :)  (I will do it in the week)

ssmayer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLUTION

Post by ssmayer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:42 pm

OK, I will try it! Let's see what happens when a REAL newbie uses it. Will this also do conversions from $ambo to Joomla!, too? If so, I think I have several sites I could try it on.. :)
http://www.awhitehorse.com/
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLUTION

Post by guilliam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:57 pm

ssmayer wrote: OK, I will try it! Let's see what happens when a REAL newbie uses it. Will this also do conversions from $ambo to Joomla!, too? If so, I think I have several sites I could try it on.. :)
convertion from @ambo to Joomla is not supported in that current web installer,.. we will try to make one if wishlist for such scripts is fairly needed/asked by the community.

pls do report bugs and any errors if you found any.

-guilliam

btw.. have you figured out the concern you pm'ed me about? i replied a while back to your pm.

-ditto

Markku
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Markku » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:55 pm

Hi guilliam, just sent the Finnish translation of Joomla Auto Installer 1.0 RC.
Finnish Translation Coordinator -
Member of the Finnish Joomla Translation Team  - http://www.joomlaportal.fi

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:14 am

@Markku,.. hello! got it covered in ".fi" thank you for the translation support,.. will be getting the html page of the submitted translations shortly.

@Dragon Company, thank you in advance for the ".fr" translation!

any bugs so far that have been encountered from those who hae installed?

Markku
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Markku » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:18 am

OK, sounds good, I'll do some testing tomorrow.
Finnish Translation Coordinator -
Member of the Finnish Joomla Translation Team  - http://www.joomlaportal.fi

aljoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLU

Post by aljoomla » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:50 am

This is indeed an intersting script. You can count on me for the Arabic translation.

One concern: how does one make sure sensitive information is not compromised (username/login, etc... being submitted to a script hosted somewhere else)?

I just want to convince myself of a good answer before having to answer that question in case someone asks.
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. Voltaire.

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:12 am

aljoomla wrote: One concern: how does one make sure sensitive information is not compromised (username/login, etc... being submitted to a script hosted somewhere else)?

I just want to convince myself of a good answer before having to answer that question in case someone asks.

Hi aljoomla

Thank you for your interest and willingness to support. Actually, we already had anticiptated this question and as much as you are concern with security, so as we. However, to be able to setup the database and transfer of files, the installer/script will be needing cpanel's username and password to make this possible.

Although there is NO instance that the passwords and other info's given on that page is stored someplace else and TRUST is hard to establish with this scenario, WE STRONGLY suggest that you temporarily change your cpanel password and after the installation you change it back to the original password.

At the moment, that is the only workaround for this concern. however, we are doing our  best, if there is; to find a better solution.

It will be announced on this thread and in the installation page ( http://joomla.astang.com ) as soon as we had addressed this concern.
Last edited by Rhee on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinus_
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sinus_ » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:57 am

this is a very nice script!
if i were a user, then id use it... otherwise if the site is commercial or something really BIG (big i mean BIG hehe  :laugh:), then i'd opt for the manual installation.... still its a very good script... would want to try it out someday... ;)

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:32 am

hey nice going guys ...... should be darn helpful ...... really cool idea ...... maybe when its released we can have a official link on the joomla webpage.... The newbies will love it.........
A. N. Jacob-New
The Tech & Design Blog http://www.Clazh.com

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:39 am

Markku wrote: OK, sounds good, I'll do some testing tomorrow.
.fi to be first translated. its live now with ".fi" translation. thank you for the translation efforts.

aljoomla wrote: This is indeed an intersting script. You can count on me for the Arabic translation.
One concern: how does one make sure sensitive information is not compromised (username/login, etc... being submitted to a script hosted somewhere else)?
hello @aljoomla! thank you for supporting thru translation into Arabic.  we(in behalf of Team Joomlancer PH) already have your security concern covered even before we were conceptualizing stage of the project. HOWEVER, as of the time being the TEMPORARY CHANGING OF PASSWORD and turning it back to its original is the so far the best workaround/solution we can suggest. we will also ask for other php coders/developers for their suggestion if any. yes, we value much primarily of security as we value it in our own. again,.. we will keep anyone posted once a script/coding solution is released. also take note that this is a very young project(only a few days old), so suggestions from fellow developers is greatly appreciated.

sinus_ wrote: this is a very nice script!
if i were a user, then id use it... otherwise if the site is commercial or something really BIG (big i mean BIG hehe  :laugh:), then i'd opt for the manual installation.... still its a very good script... would want to try it out someday... ;)
hello @sinus_ thanks for seeing into this script.. i do concur with you WHILE for security puposes still the manual installation is the option. HOWEVER, if the current workaround of temporarily changing the password and changing it back still doesnt build any confidence, then the option to this is to resort back to the manual installation. again, thank you.

@all,.. due to consistent wishlist for a MIGRATION from $ambo 4.5.2 to Joomla 1.0.1 is far often asked to be a feature, this MIGRATION feature is immenently going to be implemented. we already had it covered in our Roadmap,.. and expect to have this AUTO migrate feature available in the next version/release in a few days maybe(if not hours, ehehhe).

SECOND, FAQ's and a seperate documentation will soon be released(a walkthru type) on how to use this free Joomla! AUTO WEB INSTALLER.

stay posted.

-guilliam

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:51 am

bluesaze wrote: hey nice going guys ...... should be darn helpful ...... really cool idea ...... maybe when its released we can have a official link on the joomla webpage.... The newbies will love it.........
hello bluesaze! just a clarification.. the free Joomla! AUTO WEB INSTALLER is already released.. it is sitting(and mirrored for fast uploading and to accomodate simoultaneous task requests) right in the url given. if you missed that part,.. again its right in here:

http://joomla.astang.com/  ;)

pls tell us any bugs that you may encoutner, we havent encountered any bugs so far in our test installations with 4 different servers/webhosts. GOLDEN RULE: BACKUP your site first!  ;)

@all,.. since there are new features in the roadmap, we will soon be releasing a beta release in the next version.

-guilliam

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:58 am

wow guys this is too cool no more uploading and unzipping  .......... I just gave it a test run ......in just 5 sec flat it got installed. For those worried about giving out there password can follow rhee suggestion.
WE STRONGLY suggest that you temporarily change your cpanel password and after the installation you change it back to the original password."
Keep it up guys.......... this definatly makes life easier for a lot of newbies...... No need to wait for fantastico or installatron to update their softwares  :-* :-*......... you guys amaze me  :-* :-*...... I wonder if any other CMS out there has done what you guys do here  :laugh: :laugh:
hello bluesaze! just a clarification.. the free Joomla! AUTO WEB INSTALLER is already released.. it is sitting(and mirrored for fast uploading and to accomodate simoultaneous task requests) right in the url given. if you missed that part,.. again its right in here:
No what i meant is on the main Joomla.org  website you guys could provide a link .........after you guys have finished testing.

Cant find any bugs it was too smooth. I did a clean install ...... on a brand new webhost so there was no need to backup ...... (my Configuration.php file is unwritable so maybe you can work out a solution to that since newbies would find it troublesome to change permissions or add it manually )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bluesaze on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
A. N. Jacob-New

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:22 am

nice going guys......
Last edited by bluesaze on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A. N. Jacob-New

bedlam
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bedlam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 am

Congrats and thanks to team joomlancer for making this invaluable script :) thanks guillam pre, for informing us pinoys! I will test run this when i get home.

Cheers!

:)
Joomla! - theultraelectromagnetic CMS!

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:26 am

bluesaze wrote: wow guys this is too cool no more uploading and unzipping  .......... I just gave it a test run ......in just 5 sec flat it got installed.
perhaps we will rename the project to: "The Just 5 SECONDS flat Joomla Waboom! installation" ahihihihi..  ;D just kidding.
thanks @bluesaze for taking it for a spin!
&mp;quot;bluesaze"\ wrote:For those worried about giving out there password can follow rhee suggestion
^^as mentioned by Rhee and i, this is for now the best workaround NOT unless you really have to resort back to the painstaking download, unzip, ftp each files and folder,.. or basically we call "Manual Installation". again,.. we are working to resolve this issue/concern for we AIM to have this free service to the community as a "worry free" and where Joomla community members will as much as possible feel secured and confident of using.

the project has now been approved and posted in the new Joomla Forge:
http://developer.joomla.org/sf/projects ... tic_web_in

unfortunately, same with other developers and 3PD teams, we are still in the learning curve in using the forge. so we believe using this forum/thread for bug tracking will be the best medium.

-guilliam

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:31 am

OK i was a bit too hasty my fault  :( :(

I am getting this on both the front and admin page

Warning: main(/path/to/joomla/install/includes/compat.php50x.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/azure/public_html/jos/includes/joomla.php on line 66

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/path/to/joomla/install/includes/compat.php50x.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/azure/public_html/jos/includes/joomla.php on line 66

Let me know what it is what the problem and if its fixed it ...... I'll try it again  ;) ;)
A. N. Jacob-New

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:34 am

bluesaze wrote: OK i was a bit too hasty my fault  :( :(

I am getting this on both the front and admin page

Warning: main(/path/to/joomla/install/includes/compat.php50x.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/azure/public_html/jos/includes/joomla.php on line 66

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/path/to/joomla/install/includes/compat.php50x.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/azure/public_html/jos/includes/joomla.php on line 66

Let me know what it is what the problem and if its fixed it ...... I'll try it again  ;) ;)
thank you for the very FIRST bug seen,.. havent seen it in our beta tests.. will quickly see into this.

by the way,.. can you check via FTP and  see if the files refered into is existing? or wait.. lemme check our installations.

2. is your template still pulling up(admin and frontend)? thus only having this warning and Fatal error as a text? or the error messages are the only one visible?

-guilliam

[edited for typos]
Last edited by guilliam on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:38 am

sorry My fault again i solved it myself ......... since the configuration.php was unwritable i had renamed it manually ....... so it didnt work ...so i removed it and created a new configuration.php file and pasted the code that is show towards the end of the joomla installer ....... worked like a charm ...........everthing is working again...........

maybe you can do something about the config file and it permissions
bluesaze wrote: I did a clean install ...... on a brand new webhost so there was no need to backup ...... (my Configuration.php file is unwritable so maybe you can work out a solution to that since newbies would find it troublesome to change permissions or add it manually )
another thing the Joomla.tar.gz file is still there in my joomla directory not that it matters ...........
Last edited by bluesaze on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A. N. Jacob-New

aljoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aljoomla » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:57 am

The autoinstall file says that the requirements for this script include cPanel. Does this mean only cPanel will work with this script? How about accounts using other software (ensim, etc...)? If you mean the hosting account control panel in general, I suggest not calling it cPanel as that term is a brand name and is specific to one specific software.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:57 am

bluesaze wrote: sorry My fault again i solved it myself ......... since the configuration.php was unwritable i had renamed it manually ....... so it didnt work ...so i removed it and created a new configuration.php file and pasted the code that is show towards the end of the joomla installer ....... worked like a charm ...........everthing is working again...........

maybe you can do something about the config file and it permissions
bluesaze wrote: I did a clean install ...... on a brand new webhost so there was no need to backup ...... (my Configuration.php file is unwritable so maybe you can work out a solution to that since newbies would find it troublesome to change permissions or add it manually )
another thing the Joomla.tar.gz file is still there in my joomla directory not that it matters ...........
wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!  :P  ;D you got us scared there,.. ahihihihihi  :laugh:

^^added that feature (again) in the next humble release;) an Automatic clean-up/delete of the Joomla.tar.gz will come in very handy. since as mentioned, this set of web scripts made(and soon to be produced) by Team Joomlancer Philippines are aimed to NEWBIES(and newbies alike) to make Joomla Community members live's easier EVEN from the very start(very start means from the Joomla Core installation).

the team is also assessing on having an auto clean-up/delete of the folder "installation"(single button from the server deletes the installation folder of Joomla)  ;) what do you think guys? shall this be also be included in the release or any one finds it neccessary;)

-guilliam

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 am

guilliam wrote: wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!  :P  ;D you got us scared there,.. ahihihihihi  :laugh:
Sorry about the scare  :-[ :-[...... my fault.
guilliam wrote: ^^added that feature (again) in the next humble release;) an Automatic clean-up/delete of the Joomla.tar.gz will come in very handy. since as mentioned, this set of web scripts made(and soon to be produced) by Team Joomlancer Philippines are aimed to NEWBIES(and newbies alike) to make Joomla Community members live's easier EVEN from the very start(very start means from the Joomla Core installation).

the team is also assessing on having an auto clean-up/delete of the folder "installation"(single button from the server deletes the installation folder of Joomla)  ;) what do you think guys? shall this be also be included in the release or any one finds it neccessary;)
Yes I think its a very good idea .......
1. Let it reamin as a option whether the user wants to delete the Joomla.tar.gz or not. maybe a checkbox will do.
2. Yes that automatic deletion of the instllation folder is also a good idea.. But how will you guys do it..... You can do it only after the person finishes installation of joomla so that means he'll have to login again to the web installer. By the way isnt it possible to delete the installation folder from joomla itself ..... why all the trouble of manually doing or are there any restrictions in PHP.

3. Another Idea since you guys already know what database, password username and hostname is being used why not include them directly so the user doesnot have to type it in.... just has to click next...

4. If you follow step 3 you can fully automate it and delete the installation folder at the end.
Last edited by bluesaze on Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A. N. Jacob-New

eliasan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eliasan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:14 am

We will be glad to offer the Greek translation!
Ilias Antonopoulos
"Discover Mambo CMS", the Greek book for Mambo: http://www.altermarket.com
Hellenic Joomla Translation Team: http://www.joomlaportal.gr

aljoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aljoomla » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:17 am

I sent you the Arabic translation about 10 minutes ago. I figure given the features being requested, this file is bound to grow. I will follow the progress and update the file as necessary.

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ot2sen » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:19 am

Hi guilliam,

Very interesting thing you guys made here.
I´ll try to make a danish translation for your script within the next days  ;)

This really looks like a handy script for newbies !
First you said webinstaller, then shorly after an upgrade-script was on track - now we just need the wondertool that also would do a smooth 5 seconds install on safe mode=on hosts  8)
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:22 am

aljoomla wrote: The autoinstall file says that the requirements for this script include cPanel. Does this mean only cPanel will work with this script? How about accounts using other software (ensim, etc...)? If you mean the hosting account control panel in general, I suggest not calling it cPanel as that term is a brand name and is specific to one specific software.
hello again aljoomla! when we said or used the term cPanel we mean cPanel(please check the link). it is specified in doing so because the script is specifically designed and configured to run on it. we even wish to have a verifiable statistics on what percentage does Joomla users uses other host managers & WHM(WebHost Managers) aside from cPanel. this way we can see the neccesity to produce(make a seperate community project) a script designed and to run on a non cPanel controlled environment. hence, it is currently NOT in this project's roadmap; we are very open to requests and wishlist for this feature. again, please do note that Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script Project  is a very young project(2 days old? ahihihihi  :P) thus FEATURE requests/wishlists, BUG reporting and Translations is very much appreciated from the community.

another reason also(as somewhat mentioned by @bluesaze) that we made this project possible is that it takes TIME for Fantastico to get the updates, or even (sometimes)you still have to ask your host admin to have their fantastico version updated to the latest version. furthermore; there are instances that some host, though they have cPanel as their host manager doesn't have fantastico.

thank you for the inputs.  :)

-guilliam
Last edited by guilliam on Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

buddhaboa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by buddhaboa » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 am

Great project idea and something that will benefit us all.

Here is an idea for the next phase of the project  :-*
Would also be nice to have the installer list the various modules, com and bots that can be added on and install those as well.  Maybe a check box of available add ons that can be installed.

That would be a lot of work, but stunning application  :'(

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:53 am

That wont be needed hopefully once the next version of joomla is released. Better than implementing it in the script it would be better to implement in joomla.
buddhaboa wrote:
Would also be nice to have the installer list the various modules, com and bots that can be added on and install those as well.  Maybe a check box of available add ons that can be installed.
A. N. Jacob-New

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”