.mobi site using joomla

sa247
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

.mobi site using joomla

Post by sa247 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 am

i have done a few .mobi sites and a few joomla sites but now ive combined the two!  :)

http://www.lmpoker.mobi

Only plugins i used where:

JCE WYSIWYG Editor

and the tabless a8ejoomla patch
Last edited by sa247 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: .mobi site using joomla

Post by Heat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:58 am

Nifty!  What did you use for the sef/html extensions?

sa247
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sa247 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks for the positive feedback

oops forgot about my SEF - i always use ARTIO Jomsef :)

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:42 am

Very very very cool stuff.  8)

I was listening to JoomlaJabber today and they started by talking about Joomla! and mobile devices. Tom mentioned that three billion mobile phones are expected in use by 2009 and that we still do not have much going on, yet, with Joomla! and mobile presentations. It reminded me that I saw your post a couple of weeks ago and that sweet little site. Then, I started looking around and I see that you are in the Showcase - as you should be!

This is very, very significant and I appreciate you sharing what you have done. I'm going to make certain Tom and Kathy on JoomlaJabber see this and I blogged about it today, too. Thanks for sharing this very important news with the community!
Amy :)

PS - it would be really cool if you shared secrets in the form of documentation!  ;)

sa247
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sa247 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 am

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

One of the technical directors from .mobi has asked me to write a technical paper and am currently in the process of doing that right now.

I should have read the criteria for posting in the showcase - i didnt realize wwwhops...  :-[

I will update the posting later today/tomorrow

I also have sites with streaming 3gp and am looking at developing some .mobi specific mambots :)
Last edited by sa247 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:09 am

That is very, very good news for our community! Thanks in advance for doing that.

This area of the forum is called the "Site Showcase" - where people talk about their sites. It is a good idea to feature this site here since it is certainly leading edge stuff.

I look forward to reading your white paper. Hope you get good feedback - I am certain there is a lot of interest in this area!

ttyl...Amy :)

FishingTheSouth
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by FishingTheSouth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:55 am

Very interesting! This will come in handy...

sa247 - When you have some time I would like to talk to you a little more about this.
FishingTheSouth.com

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:27 am

sa247 -

I wanted to call your attention to Wilco Jensen, our development coordinator's blog post entitled The summer has started, and we already have BEEZ?. In that post, Wilco explains that a new template named BEEZ is available in the Joomla! v 1.5 SVN that uses the new template override system.

He also links to the template developers site called the Joomla BEEZ site where Angie Radke and Robert Deutz provide more detail on building v 1.5 templates using these overrides. The BEEZ site is currently in German, so, if you don't speak German I recommend the Foxlingo Translation tool which does a fantastic job with translating the site.

Here's my point for you (*finally*) -- there is a link on the site called "Beez on the mobile phone." I think you will enjoy it.  :)

ttyl...Amy :)

sa247
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sa247 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:06 am

hi amy thanks for that - i have literally been working 48hrs straight right now trying to get some work finished, i will look at the translation tool again cos right now, without a large coffee in front of me i cant seem to get me head around how it translates the site! LOL

will recheck when ive had a couple of hours sleep under my belt! lol

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:47 pm

As I remember, the Foxlingo Translation tool was tricky to figure out for me, too.

It creates a menu bar that you have to activate in Firefox (View - Toolbars - FoxLingo Toolbar).

Then, when you are on the page you want translated, click the "Webpage" menu item and a list of languages appears.
In this case, click German - and then one of the German to English translation services - and within a few seconds a magical event happens and the words appear in English.  8)

I'm thinking after allowing your body a bit of sleep as required by biology, things will indeed come into clear focus as you are predicting! (48 hours of straight work? Eeek! lol!) 

Take care...Amy

PS - no hurry on this - it might be something you look at in a few months! I just wanted to make you aware of the resource since you are an expert in Joomla! and mobile devices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sa247
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sa247 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:00 am

UPDATE:

just to note and to help other people with joomla/dot mobi sites... this site has been officiallly recognised by dotMobi themselves as being dotMobi compliant and is now listed on the official dotMobi showcase - http://mtld.mobi/showcase

i am in the process of starting a joomla/dot mobi development group for anyone interested please pm me for more details

Return to “1.0 x Site Showcase - Archived.”