Multilanguage Guide for Mosets Hot Property

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Multilanguage Guide for Mosets Hot Property

Post by ivo.apostolov » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:19 am

Here is what you should do, in order to make Hot Property and Joom!Fish to work together.
This guide is posted with the permit of Mosets Consulting as it contains parts of commercial code. Consider that the guide is related to Joom!Fish 1.7 and Hot Property 0.98, anyway it is expected to work in the same way with different versions.

How to make Hot Property to work with Joom!Fish?
One of the weaknesses of the great commercial component Hot Property provided by Mosets Consulting is that it doesn’t operate properly on Multilanguage sites.

What you could do is to make several hacks in order to make the component Multilanguage.

1. Open the file components/com_hotproperty/hotproperty.php and find on row 37 the following code:

Code: Select all

if ($hp_language=='') {
	$hp_language='english';
} else {
	$hp_language=$mosConfig_lang;
}

include_once('components/com_hotproperty/language/'.$hp_language.'.php');
and replace it with:

if (file_exists($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/' . $mosConfig_lang . '.php')) {
include($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/' . $mosConfig_lang . '.php');
} else {
include($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/english.php');
}
2. Open the file components/com_hotproperty/pdf.php and find on row 25 the following code:

if ($hp_language=='') {
$hp_language='english';
}
include_once($mosConfig_absolute_path.'/components/com_hotproperty/language/'.$hp_language.'.php');
if ( $mosConfig_lang == '' ) {
$mosConfig_lang = 'english';
}
include_once ( $mosConfig_absolute_path.'/language/'.$mosConfig_lang.'.php' );

and replace it with:

if (file_exists($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/' . $mosConfig_lang . '.php')) {
include($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/' . $mosConfig_lang . '.php');
} else {
include($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/components/com_hotproperty/language/english.php');
}
3. Open all files of the modules and the search mambot, which you have installed and find the code:

if ($hp_language=='') {
$hp_language='english';
}
include_once('components/com_hotproperty/language/'.$hp_language.'.php');
and replace it with:

} else {
}
Now the component is ready to be Multilanguage, what else you must do is to add the necessary content elements, so the Joom!Fish will be able to translate the database.
The content elements can be downloaded from:
http://forge.joomla.org/sf/go/projects. ... t_property

Upload them to administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ and you are now able to translate the entries.
You can easy upload the content element files with the special component names Joom!Fish Content Element Installer. Download it from:

http://forge.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/downl ... s4992?dl=1
Last edited by ivo.apostolov on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex_semperfi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Multilanguage Guide for Mosets Hot Property

Post by Alex_semperfi » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Ivo

Thanks for the guide  ;D

I am considering Hot Property as well.
Mosets says multilanguage support for their product
would not be good yet in joomla / jfish.

Thats why I´d be interested to hear other
opinions, statements of people who successfully
implemented HP and Joomfish.

Thanks
ASF

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:00 pm

As I wrote you on PM, it is working really without problems with two languages, it is working in the same way with 3,4 etc, but I haven't tested this on a live site.

Dj Tomak
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dj Tomak » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi to all
ivo.apostolov great work. This implementation is ok with hotpropetry. Tested and it works ok.
But the problem is in the extra fields. There you have to translate all the field values each time you insert a new property.

You understand that this is a serious problem especially when you have to insert 400 - 500 properties

Any solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:05 am

No solution. As you need to enter those values when you are adding the property in the usual way, you will need to enter those during the translation as well.

sanka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sanka » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:55 am

hi
i do that alll

i use sef advance+joomfish+hot property

than the property type can not be translateted

but i delete sef advance everything ok:(

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:28 pm

I have no experience with SEF Advance.

Dj Tomak
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dj Tomak » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:51 am

Hi again.
What should I change (maybe in the xml file) in order to sort hot properties in Joomfish  by id in a descending order?

vuperda
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by vuperda » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:57 pm

3. Open all files of the modules and the search mambot, which you have installed and find the code:
Can I get a little clarification on this step, what are these files, is it modules and files that are installed on extra features that comes with hot property or it means on some joomla core files?
Weil eigentlich ist dieses Leben etwas Hässliches.
Ich hasse es, also nehme ich und zerbreche ich es.

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 pm

The extra extensions of Hot Property and not the core files of Joomla!

Yatko
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Yatko » Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am

Translating Hot Property extra fields Joomla! 1.5

Hi everyone! I am struggling with a strange problem here.

Joomla! 1.5, Mosets Hot Property 1.0b4, Joomfish 2.0.3

I am using over 20 extra fields (area, heating, facilities,....) most of them checkboxes and select boxes. All these fields are translated in HP -Extra Fields and I was expecting they will translate automatically on the website. They don't; instead I have 4200+ (and rising) records in HP -Extra Fields Values. All the same checkbox/dropdown-select values, but everything separated into a new record. Every property has 20+ different records in HP -Extra Fields Values, most of them empty and the others containing the selected values.

I've attached the used .xml files, the one I am talking about is hp_properties2.xml and maybe hp_properties.xml
What I figured out, that hp_properties2.xml refers to the database "id" when the values are linked to the property based on the second "property" field. They should be linked to the respective property using the property field instead of id. But not sure....

Is this a misconfiguration, known issue or an error? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jmoises
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jmoises » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

yatko_com, did you find a solution i also need HotProperty 1.0 and Joomfish to work
Jorge Moises
Grupo123.Net - Creando Ideas
http://www.123Hospedaje.com

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”