Days of the week

colinstevens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Days of the week

Post by colinstevens » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi All - we are busy translating our school website into Welsh - and have been using the Welsh translation pack... however, we have noticed a few things that don't seem to be translating correctly - like the days of the week in stories - is there an updated cymreag.zip - or can someone give us some pointers as to what files we need to edit!?

Thanks,

Colin

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Days of the week

Post by Geraint » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 am

Mae'n debyg fod y 'locale' heb ei osod yn gywir.

Its probably that your locale is not set correctly

Geraint

colinstevens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colinstevens » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi Geraint - in the cymraeg.php posted "October 19, 2005" in the Croeso/Welcome thread - there doesn't seem to be any days of the week defined... is there an updated file we can use?

Thanks,

Colin

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Can you give me an example of where the translation is not occuring (ideally a partial screenshot).  A lot of date in Joomla are translated by PHP using the locale set for the server and not via translation strings in the language file.

Geraint

colinstevens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colinstevens » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi Geraint, attached is a screenshot of the problem - the translation has come thought fine but not the date:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:28 am

Colin

This date is translated by PHP using the locale - if you're using Joomfish you need to set the appropriate ISO code for Cymraeg and your webserver OS.

For Windows I use "cym" for Linux I use "cy_GB" or "cy" depending on the server.

Geraint

colinstevens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colinstevens » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 am

Hi Geraint - we use a Windows 2000 webserver - but I have searched around and cannot find a Welsh language download for 2000 only XP, 2003 and Vista - have you or anyone else tried it on a 2000 server before?

We are getting a new server in a few months so might have to try again then  :(

Thanks,

Colin

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:19 pm

What ISO codes have you tried so far?  What locales are available on the server?

If you install JEvents (which I am the lead developer on) from http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jevents you'll find a useful tool in the admin interface for experimenting with locale values.

http://{YOUR DOMAIN}/administrator/index2.php?option=com_events&task=checklocale

Geraint

colinstevens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colinstevens » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 pm

The only installed locale is English (UK), and I have tried CY and CYM - both times site gets translated but not the days. Will have a look at JEvents....

It looks to me like the problem is a lack of Welsh language pack on the server...

Thanks,

Colin

Return to “Welsh Forum”