The Joomla! Forum ™



Forum rules


Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Joomla! mobile template!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:56 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:43 pm
Posts: 5
Hi all,

In a short periode i installed Joomla and as far as i can see this is great stuff!
The main idea for me was to create a mobile site and there for i found this add-on/template
XE Mobile (XE Media)

A live preview of this template can be found here!

Now i was wondering if other members here also discoverd this template and if they can confirm it works with Joomla 1.0.7 or just with Mambo 4.5.2 or higher?

As for now i have problems using this template over Joomla 1.0.7 the problem is is that the navigation button's don't show up, the only thing that is displayed is the Newsflash item :(

Thanx for helping


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:35 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:36 am
Posts: 29
On my site (http://www.techislands.com) I use a modified Xe Mobile for the mobile version of the site (you are automatically redirected there if you are on a mobile device and go to http://www.techislands.com)

For the nav, yes it does not work, but you can go and edit the index.php in an html editor (like frontpage) and add the links your self (just copy from your current main menu). For me it works great as i do not change my menu items that often.

you can click this to view the template on your main browser:
http://www.techislands.com/index.php?jo ... =xe_mobile

And to go back to the normal layout:
http://www.techislands.com/index.php?jo ... larflareII


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:14 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:06 am
Posts: 4
new location:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,71114.0.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 pm 
User avatar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Oregon
How does the automatic redirection to the mobile template work - what is the code you use?

_________________
Author of component Joomla Bible Study:
http://www.JoomlaBibleStudy.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:45 pm 
User avatar
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Birmingham, USA
tfuller wrote:
How does the automatic redirection to the mobile template work - what is the code you use?


I am interested in this as well.

_________________
The key to your life is how well you deal with plan "B".
Latvian Project http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla_latvian/ | http://www.joomlalv.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:39 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Arnhem, Kingdom of the Netherlands
I got the following from somewhere ... Is the best one I found so far. Just put the code below in a "mobdetect.php" or something and require or include the file in your /index.php
Code:
<?php
$mobile_browser = '0';
if(preg_match('/(up.browser|up.link|mmp|symbian|smartphone|midp|wap|phone|vodafone|o2|pocket|mobile|pda|psp)/i',strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if(((strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'text/vnd.wap.wml')>0) or (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml')>0)) or ((isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_WAP_PROFILE']) or isset($_SERVER['HTTP_PROFILE'])))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
$mobile_ua = strtolower(substr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],0,4));
$mobile_agents = array('acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','aste','avan','benq','bird','blac','blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','htc','inno','ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-','maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-','newt','noki','oper','opwv','palm','pana','pant','pdxg','phil','play','pluc','port','prox','qtek','qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar','sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-','tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp','wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');
if(in_array($mobile_ua,$mobile_agents)){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if($mobile_browser>0){
header ("Location: http://mobile.yoururl.com/"); // is a mobile device
exit;
}else{
// not a mobile, thus continue...
}
?>
Yet its not specific for Joomla. There might be something better like an extension out there :-)


Last edited by Bouvrie on Sat May 19, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:15 pm 
User avatar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Oregon
Thanks! I'll try it out.

_________________
Author of component Joomla Bible Study:
http://www.JoomlaBibleStudy.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:21 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:14 pm
Posts: 1
Bouvrie wrote:
I got the following from somewhere ... Is the best one I found so far. Just put the code below in a "mobdetect.php" or something and require or include the file in your /index.php
Code:
<?php
$mobile_browser = '0';
if(preg_match('/(up.browser|up.link|mmp|symbian|smartphone|midp|wap|phone|vodafone|o2|pocket|mobile|pda|psp)/i',strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if(((strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'text/vnd.wap.wml')>0) or (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml')>0)) or ((isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_WAP_PROFILE']) or isset($_SERVER['HTTP_PROFILE'])))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
$mobile_ua = strtolower(substr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],0,4));
$mobile_agents = array('acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','aste','avan','benq','bird','blac','blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','htc','inno','ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-','maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-','newt','noki','oper','opwv','palm','pana','pant','pdxg','phil','play','pluc','port','prox','qtek','qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar','sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-','tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp','wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');
if(in_array($mobile_ua,$mobile_agents)){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if($mobile_browser>0){
header ("Location: http://mobile.yoururl.com/"); // is a mobile device
exit;
}else{
// not a mobile, thus continue...
}
?>
Yet its not specific for Joomla. There might be something better like an extension out there :-)




that works great, thanx!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:48 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:05 pm
Posts: 11
Here is a short how-to.
http://calgarycmssolutions.com/content/view/44/46/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:35 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: Nebraska
Those of you exploring mobi and Joomla! -

I want to point out this post: dot mobi and joomla development where sa247 who built the Love My Poker mobi site with Joomla!, is looking to work with others to "to help move forward a joomla dot mobi solution for everyone to use."

Thanks for considering!
Amy :)

_________________
http://Twitter.com/AmyStephen
http://www.alltogetherasawhole.org/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:45 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:50 pm
Posts: 271
Location: San Antonio, Texas
hi guys,

awesome post glad people are taking to joomla and cell phone layouts - i like that layout!

not sure if it is a concern of yours though but check the site with the dot mobi ready report and you will notice a couple of issues that are minor. This report tests the mobile-readiness of your site using industry best practices & standards.

test link ---> http://ready.mobi/launch.jsp?locale=en_EN

We are working on a layout that meets all the standards required, the http://www.lmpoker.mobi, was until a few days meeting all but one of the criteria, client changed the site!

We are going to take the site and put it on another domain as a demo site but with the correct standards in place.

Since creating this initial site we have fixed some of the issues we had originally with this site and are about to design another one that we want to make 100% compatible.

Any input or comments greatly appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:59 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 27
How do you require ??? .....code for?



zarbizarre wrote:
Bouvrie wrote:
I got the following from somewhere ... Is the best one I found so far. Just put the code below in a "mobdetect.php" or something and require or include the file in your /index.php
Code:
<?php
$mobile_browser = '0';
if(preg_match('/(up.browser|up.link|mmp|symbian|smartphone|midp|wap|phone|vodafone|o2|pocket|mobile|pda|psp)/i',strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if(((strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'text/vnd.wap.wml')>0) or (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']),'application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml')>0)) or ((isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_WAP_PROFILE']) or isset($_SERVER['HTTP_PROFILE'])))){
$mobile_browser++;
}
$mobile_ua = strtolower(substr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],0,4));
$mobile_agents = array('acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','aste','avan','benq','bird','blac','blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','htc','inno','ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-','maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-','newt','noki','oper','opwv','palm','pana','pant','pdxg','phil','play','pluc','port','prox','qtek','qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar','sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-','tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp','wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');
if(in_array($mobile_ua,$mobile_agents)){
$mobile_browser++;
}
if($mobile_browser>0){
header ("Location: http://mobile.yoururl.com/"); // is a mobile device
exit;
}else{
// not a mobile, thus continue...
}
?>
Yet its not specific for Joomla. There might be something better like an extension out there :-)




that works great, thanx!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:28 am 
User avatar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am
Posts: 108
Location: Russia
Look at the simple way: PDA-mambot.

_________________
Visit my blog — Interesting about Joomla! http://joomup.com/blog/.


Last edited by Physicist on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:23 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:47 am
Posts: 2
The link to PDA-Mambot is not working!!!

I would appreciate any info to dowload this mambot

Thanks!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:17 am 
User avatar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am
Posts: 108
Location: Russia
There was a failure on a server therefore a site some days did not work. Now the site functions normally.

Just in case, here the link to mambot's page on joomlacode: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/pda/

_________________
Visit my blog — Interesting about Joomla! http://joomup.com/blog/.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 am
Posts: 13
Great work, Physicist!

Is there any way to disable images in the template? All my articles have images, but I don't want these to be show in the WAP-version of my site, because they take too long to load. But how do I do this?

Best,
Hans Mikkelsen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:04 pm 
User avatar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am
Posts: 108
Location: Russia
hansmik wrote:
Is there any way to disable images in the template?

http://physicist.phpnet.us/2007/06/22/pdamambot-version-20-beta/comment-page-1/#comment-102

_________________
Visit my blog — Interesting about Joomla! http://joomup.com/blog/.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:14 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 pm
Posts: 5
Will the generated code be XHTML compliant via the w3c verify website?

_________________
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:09 am
Posts: 10
The script works great, it redirects, but I have 1 question about the header redirection location. Is it possible to redirect to the same site but with a different template? what URL i need to give to redirect to the same site but changing the layout? Im asking this because i dont think its a good solution having 2 joomlas running :-S


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:24 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:09 am
Posts: 10
I got 1 question, imagine i create a link in the mobile version saying, "see site full version"... how can I go there and bypass the redirecting script, I tryed many thing but because the script is included in the index.php of main site it always checks if its mobile...


any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:00 am 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 52
Location: Durban, South Africa
good day I am also trying to create a mobile site but i have no idea where to begin, i have not been using joomla for long , can anyone help me
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 2
Here's a great mobile theme that works straight out of the box, I've installed it on a site with the demo data and worked perfectly.

All you need to do is tweak the CSS and you're done.

http://themeforest.net/item/joomla-mobi ... heme/16040

_________________
iPod Repair
http://www.ipodrepair.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:52 am 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Posts: 365
for all you still struggling over this question may i suggest you just install and enable

plg mobile bot, it works out of the box on all phones no need to config anything or mess with any code, its even shown to be far better then the "mobile joomla" component, FAR BETTER

try it on my site, nothing live yet but it is running the mobile bot plugin, FYI on blackberrys the pics dont scroll this is a bb problem not joomla

works flawless on android phones

http://www.realityoneradio.com/ztek/myspec

_________________
Whats Wrong With It? All I Did Was Change That One Line Of Code!

:pop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:20 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:08 pm
Posts: 1
hello all,

after i enabled mobilebot i got this error

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function isAdmin() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\plugins\system\mobilebot\mobilebot.php on line 173


in mobilebot.php line 173 its written

Code:
if ($mainframe->isAdmin()) return;


for a newbie i dont really know what to do rite now :(

Any help is appreciated, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:37 am
Posts: 4
just remove the directory where mobile.php is.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group