SEO and IIS ISAPI

Forum closed, please submit your tips and tricks to: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Tips_and_tricks
jphilbert
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SEO and IIS ISAPI

Post by jphilbert » Mon May 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Joomla running on windows XP to 2003 Server R2 and with SEO functioning.
First job is to install ISAPI rewriter of your choice 
http://www.isapirewrite.com/ or http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IIRF.aspx

ISAPI REWrite has a lite version (limited) and IIRF (IonicIsapiRewriter) is freeware always updated and the source is FREE!!! (perfered)

Both are configured via file IsapiRewrite4.ini (you dont need to worry about .htaccess.txt ignore it)

The following entries for ISAPI REWRITE.
---------------------------------------------------------
RewriteLog  D:\temp\iirfLog.out
RewriteLogLevel 3

IterationLimit 10

# Joomla/Mambo rewrite rules
RewriteRule  ^/$                      /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/blogsection/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=$1&Itemid=$2
RewriteRule ^/content/blogcategory/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=$1&Itemid=$2
RewriteRule ^/content/section/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=$1&Itemid=$2
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3
RewriteRule ^/content/category/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=$1=&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/content/view/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=$1&Itemid=$2&limit=$3&limitstart=$4
RewriteRule ^/content/view/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=$1&Itemid=$2

The following is for IonicIsapiRewriter
-----------------------------------------------------
IterationLimit 10
MaxMatchCount 10

Tested and working with ARTIO JoomSEF

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL}             (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$   
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     !-d
RewriteRule (.*)                /index.php                      [U,L]RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL}             (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$   
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     !-d
RewriteRule (.*)                /index.php                      [U,L]

Tested and working with default Joomla SEO
RewriteRule ^/$                      /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3

Other Third party SEO should work once to follow there rewrite conditions/rules.
I run IonicIsapiRewriter-1.2.12b the betas are rock solid and I use it on my porduction servers with no issues.
Please follow vendors installation instructions to get the ISAPI filter working on your IIS server.
Last edited by jphilbert on Mon May 07, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jooomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SEO and IIS ISAPI

Post by jooomla » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:21 am

hi jphilbert,

How do IIS Rewrite for joomla1.54

Thanks

Gergo Erdosi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Gergo Erdosi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:08 pm

I added this post to the Docs site:
http://docs.joomla.org/SEO_and_IIS_ISAPI

jphilbert
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jphilbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:21 pm

Thank you please put me down as the contributor for this so I can update if necessary.
This works for all versions of Joomla 1.05 and 1.54.

jphilbert
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jphilbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:23 pm

IIRF is what I use for joomla 1.54 and JoomlaSEf. Same settings work fine for both 1.05 and 1.54 Versions.
Let me know if you have issues.

LeeKlaus
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LeeKlaus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:51 pm

hmmm. I am having some problems.

I'm running Joomla 1.5, and have their native SEO function turned on. I have an article associated with a menu, and the URL for the article (once SEO is turned on in the global settings) is:

http://localhost/index.php/help/faq (note that I'm just running on my local windows box)

With the rules posted above (and the free isapi filter running), it doesn't find a rule (I think), so as a result I get a page cannot be found error.

Any thoughts on what I should be doing differently?

I should have mentioned that I'm using IonicIsapiRewriter. Thanks for any thoughts on the topic...
Last edited by LeeKlaus on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gergo Erdosi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Gergo Erdosi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:53 pm

All registered users can edit that article, so I suggest to register and make the modifications you want. And thanks for contributing it!

jphilbert
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jphilbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 pm

LeeKlaus wrote:hmmm. I am having some problems.

I'm running Joomla 1.5, and have their native SEO function turned on. I have an article associated with a menu, and the URL for the article (once SEO is turned on in the global settings) is:

http://localhost/index.php/help/faq (note that I'm just running on my local windows box)

With the rules posted above (and the free isapi filter running), it doesn't find a rule (I think), so as a result I get a page cannot be found error.

Any thoughts on what I should be doing differently?

I should have mentioned that I'm using IonicIsapiRewriter. Thanks for any thoughts on the topic...
I will do a test and let you know. I do not use the native SEO I use JoomlaSEF for joomla 1.5

Return to “Submit Your Suggested Tips & Tricks to Docs.joomla.org now please.”