Using Swish with Joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
thomas.dahl
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Using Swish with Joomla

Post by thomas.dahl » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:00 pm

Does anyone have any experience using Swish with Joomla?  They have some cool tools to convert video and powerpoint files to streaming flash which would be great to use on a joomla/mambo site.

Have a look at http://www.swishzone.com/

Before I go and try using any of these tools I was wondering if anyone else has tried them.  They cost a little bit of money, but I feel that they are likely worth it if they are as easy to use as is suggested.

I am using MosCE (who is'nt?) and it has a button to insert Flash content.  It would be great if it was as easy as it would appear to insert a flash movie or ppt presentation directly into content.

Any ideas anyone?  Thanks!
Thomas.Dahl
ex-mamber

Casey Lee
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Using Swish with Joomla

Post by Casey Lee » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:09 pm

(I'm not using mosCE) ;)

but anyway, you can insert Flash/Swish in your content items or static items no problem.

Sometimes dynamic flash needs the "allowscriptaccess=samedomain" parameter in order to function on some servers. I haven't tried inserting Flash in MosCE but it's just as easy as pasting any element with the "" tag.

good luck.

J-bugman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Using Swish with Joomla

Post by J-bugman » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:39 am

On a side note, whilst I know people use flash, i would hate to insert powerpoint presentations as not everyone has powerpoint installed on thier machine which I believe is required to view such presentations. Of course if swish is able to change the code to run it via a *.swf format, everyones laughing...

J

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”