The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:42 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hello, I would like to do the following:

Allow user self registration, but keep their account disabled until an Administrator manually enables their account and chooses their privilege level (registered vs. author).

This is for a closed HOA community site and we dont want to have to manually create userid's and passwords, but we also don't want users to have automatic access to non-public content as soon as they login.  There are two levels of access: Renter (registered user) and Owner (Author).  As you can see I'm sort of working around Joomla's acl system since I can only use public, registered, or special access.

Does this make sense, or is is there a better way?  I have tried disabling "use new account activation", but that just seems to automatically enable the new registered account without an email activation.

Also, it seems that having a disabled account does not even let you have access to public items.  If there is a workaround for that, then that's cool too, otherwise if I can just change the text the user recieves when they register so they know to wait for approval, that would be fine.

Thanks so much! :)

Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:19 pm 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Implement community builder. It will allow you to specify activation only on admin approval.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:48 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

I can't use CB on my site but I would like the activation email to come to me instead of to the user who registered. Is this possible? Does anyone know where to make the code change?