Configure Joomla Search results

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
alfred_j_kwack
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Configure Joomla Search results

Post by alfred_j_kwack » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to configure the search results returned by Joomla's default search function.

By default the search results show things like the section and category an item pertains to. How can this be disabled? There also appears to be no possibility to add a class suffix to the results which makes CSS handling a whole lot trickier.

Thanks.
Alfred Kwack

xtempore
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Configure Joomla Search results

Post by xtempore » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 pm

I was having similar problems.

One thing I wanted to get rid of was the box where users select which areas they wanted to search. First I went into plug-ins and turned off the things I didn't want included...
Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager, filter on "search", unpublish "Search Categories", "Search Contacts", "Search Newsfeeds" etc.

To get rid of the areas box altogether...
Go to Components > Search and go into Options. Set Use Search Areas to No.

Getting rid of the category in the results was a bit trickier. I delved into the Joomla code, but there's no option there to exclude it, so the best you can do is add some CSS to your template. This does the trick...
.result-category{display:none}

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”