This is from his topic, download link i will not post, but you can contact him and perhaps help in finishing this project.
Version 0.4 of the CB > PHPBB standalone bridge is complete, note that this is a beta version so it is a test version. I will write more features and fix bugs if found in next releases. Please tell me what u think in this topic, also post bugs and one more thing.... it is for the standalone version of PHPBB, so not for the PHPBB component and only for use on databses that run Joomla and PHPBB together. Support for seperate databases will come later....
08-11-2005 – Added delete option.
18-10-2005 – Added language files.
17-10-2005 – Added tab in user profile.
17-10-2005 – Release of 0.1 pre alpha.
- When registering the new user will also be registered in PHPBB.
- When user profile is edited, changes will be made to PHPBB.
- In user profile, there is a tab showing the user posts in the forum.
- When using “forgotten password” feature, the password must be send to PHPBB.
- When creating a user in admin area, new user must be created in PHPBB.
- When user profile is edited using admin back-end, changes must be made in PHPBB.
- User can change their forum settings in profile manager, uploading avatars etc.
- Make it so that it is possible to run PHPBB on another databse, still using this bridge.
- Any suggestions?
Because I am a complete nood in writing PHP and mysql codes, I changed the way user id’s are assigned to users in PHPBB, no you don’t have to change core files, but during registration this plugin will use the user id from Joomla as the user ID for PHPBb… nothing else…. If you know a better method please mail me…
I need help with:
Can someone please tell me how i can get the password from the lost password function, because: "$_POST['newpass']" is not working because the new random created password is not in a form.. in other words how can i retrieve a variable that was created on another page?
Use this code at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage this guide, codes, or a combination of both can do on your system. Always backup you entire database and file structure before you install work of others. If you need any help, mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can write me in Dutch or English.